We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice hotels near the Taj Exotica

London
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Nice hotels near the Taj Exotica

I'm thinking of getting married at the Taj Exotica and will be staying there. Howeevr, not all my guests will want to spend as much money and stay there. I was wondering if anyone could recommend any nice hotels close to the Taj that my guest could stay at I want the hotels to be of a good standard as most guests will probably make a holiday out of it, so gurest houces or simple hotels ar not an option.

Thanks

leeds uk
Level Contributor
952 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice hotels near the Taj Exotica

Hello,

The accomodation in and around there is split into 2 catagories.

Dead posh or clean and basic b&b. there are grot holes as well so be careful and read reviews carefully.

The lemon tree is one of the other hotels which is expensive.

The don hill beach resort or lui beach ( our choice ) are clean friendly b&b style with pools close to the taj.

hope you get lucky

ian........

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice hotels near the Taj Exotica

If you are looking for a hotel of the same standard, you could have a look at the Radisson White Sands. I havent stayed there, but have been there for lunch a couple of times .

Its a pleasant walk along the beach, to the Taj, but as with most of the hotels in that area a taxi ride away by road

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands
Level Contributor
18,288 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice hotels near the Taj Exotica

I think Ian (perry) is referring to the Taj in North Goa. A reasonable 3 star hotel would be The Royal Palms Benaulim I havn't stayed there but have had a look around the grounds and have stayed in a sister hotel (albeit a 4 star) around 15 minutes away by taxi you also have Cavelossim and The Haathi Mahal, Holiday Inn and although I havn't stayed as they mainly do A.I. the Dona Silvia always gets good reviews (You really don't need A.I. in Goa unless the price works out the same as B&B and even then be sure to try all the wonderful local restaurants and shacks). Another option for Cavelossim would be self catering at Luisa By The Sea have a look on www.demfer.com

Hope that helps a bit

Leicester, UK
Level Contributor
109 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice hotels near the Taj Exotica

Hi LondonTanky - my wife & I stayed at the Radisson White Sands last year and regularly walked along the beach to the Taj Exotica, which took about 30 mins. It has an enormous pool, superb buffet breakfast and regular themed evenings with great buffet dinners and some very good entertainment. It compares very favourably with the Taj (which was very impressive) and is cheaper, so don't think your guests would be disappointed. If you look at the hotel reviews for Radisson, I have previously written in more detail and posted a few photos.

Good luck with your wedding and for the future.

Clive

5. Re: Nice hotels near the Taj Exotica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 10:20
Get answers to your questions about Goa
Recent Conversations