We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just waiting to be picked up

Manchester
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Topic
just waiting to be picked up

Yes it hear, we are off to the airport, can't wait very excited, any last minutes advice????

We are staying at the Heritage village Hotel Goa

Dee

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
3,105 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: just waiting to be picked up

Oh no you dont want to stay there it awful.....doh too late......!

Dunfermline
Level Contributor
177 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: just waiting to be picked up

Change your tour operator - if it's Monarch you will be lucky to arrive before the Monsoon.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,960 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: just waiting to be picked up

Sorry to be picky, but Monarch is not a Tour Operator.

They are an airline company that runs charter flights to Goa for Tour Operators (Cosmso, Olympic etc) and individuals.

Dunfermline
Level Contributor
177 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: just waiting to be picked up

I know - I meant to say 'Airline'.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,960 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: just waiting to be picked up

You're not alone in your views about Monarch.

They've had some pretty bad delays on their flights to & from Goa this season.

Mind you, some of the other airlines don't seem to have been that great either.

Dunfermline
Level Contributor
177 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: just waiting to be picked up

I arrived on the 4th with First Choice who were on time there and back - the Monday following that Monarch were delayed almost 24 hours...although I think their fleet had been effected. The people in the resort I was in weren't that bothered as they had another day in the Sun with compo - I don't think I'd have been amused had I been on the UK side of things though!

sheffield UK
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: just waiting to be picked up

Monarch an airline? No way! It`s a spoof bad joke set-up that leads one to believe they are a professional service when in actual fact they are CLOWNS! Not many laughs from their passengers though, other than their excuses for appalling service.

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
616 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: just waiting to be picked up

We have been to Goa with Monarch for the last 7 times.

We have always been impressed with the crew, no complaints about the food, what do you expect 41000 ft high?

Delays due to technical problems can happen to any airline. I was on plane from Toronto and they forgot to put the food on, we waited an hour on the plane before they got loaded and took off.

Not monarch, but Canadian plane.

We have no complaints about Monarch, pay for extra leg room at the back, and its perfectly OK.

Stop moaning, and get on with it!!!!!

sheffield UK
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: just waiting to be picked up

thanks mr/mrs Monarch. LOL

sheffield UK
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: just waiting to be picked up

What do I expect at 41000 ft?

Hmm, let me see.

1. When I pay £260 extra per head for "upgraded" menus the food should be edible ( breakfast wasn`t ).

2. Priority loading and unloading should mean...what it says, not when they feel like it.

3. Passengers like to have regular, reliable, HONEST information when they are kept waiting in Dabolim for 4 plus hours.

4. Monarch staff should give letters confirming the ACTUAL delays to passengers when requested, rather than pull some figure out of the air ( no pun intended )eg, 13.45 GMT scheduled landing Friday, actual landing time 15.50 GMT Saturday is... how long? According to the Gospel by Monarch it`s 24 hours and 1 minute. How long is that in Portsmouth?

5. If a Monarch pen-pusher promises to send me a corrected version of the above then I expect them to do so.

It`s really not rocket science, is it?

Get answers to your questions about Goa
Recent Conversations