We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sinquerim distance to baga and calangute

london
1 post
Save Topic
Sinquerim distance to baga and calangute

Am considering staying at Sinquerim beach later this year - I get the impression its fairly low key, how easy/quick is it to get to baga/calangute for a change in tempo? Any tips on stays at Sinquerim beach appreciated : )

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
7,823 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Sinquerim distance to baga and calangute

Hi - I'd say Sinquerim beach is about a 7 - 10 minute taxi ride away from Calangute. Yes, quick and easy to get to. I never timed it but it seemed around this length of time.

leeds uk
Level Contributor
952 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sinquerim distance to baga and calangute

Hi There,

You will be making a good choice staying @ sinquerim

it's only a little quieter than the main part of candolim and is easily walkable.

The resturants are plentiful and busy and a tuk tuk ride up to beach road is good fun and only 70 rupees.

the shacks at this end are good and plentiful and have comfy beds and great food.

enjoy !

ian.....

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
541 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sinquerim distance to baga and calangute

Hi,

We stayed here this year and it was superb. We walked to baga 3 times alon the beach and most days to Canalgute stopping off at the shacks for a drink and food. It was a really lovely walk with our feet in the sea.

Took a couple of hours but we had all the time in the world. Would love to be doing it now.

Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
962 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sinquerim distance to baga and calangute

As per previous postings - you can walk to Baga in a couple of hours along the beach. Sinquerim is busier than last year and there are more water sports now.Unless you like being packed in ( Baga) I would stick to Sinquerim and Candolim then perhaps Morjim or Mandrem, about 1/2 hour or so in Taxi further North if you fancy quiet.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
904 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sinquerim distance to baga and calangute

WE stayed in Sinquerim twice and really liked the area....Infact, we met so many locals the first time that they all remembered us the second time we stayed there..

We took a taxi to Baga/Calangute several times, but i can't say i liked those areas as much as Sinquerim/Candolim area...

Aarhus, Denmark
Level Contributor
354 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sinquerim distance to baga and calangute

Just stayed in Sinquerim a month ago. The area is quiet compared to Calangute, Baga and so on, but don't forget the disgusting old oiltanker standed on the beach......

7. Re: Sinquerim distance to baga and calangute

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 14:20
Get answers to your questions about Goa
Recent Conversations