We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for Cavelossim accommodation please

Leicester
Level Contributor
306 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendations for Cavelossim accommodation please

Think we have decided on resort of Cavelossim but would like recommendations for accommodation. We usually rent apartments but do not mind a hotel. Would prefer something with a pool though.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,715 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations for Cavelossim accommodation please

The Holiday Inn is an excellent hotel which is a 20 minute walk along the beach from Cavelossim - or a few minutes in a taxi. It's got a large pool and is situated on a lovely stretch of beach with several beach shacks and 2 or 3 restaurants within easy walking distance and a larger selection in Cavelossim village. If you'd prefer an apartment you could stay at Luisa by the Sea which has a pool (in fact I think it has more than one) and is close to the centre of Cavelossim on the banks of the River Sal and just a few minutes walk from the beach. I haven't stayed there but several people on the forum have.

Surrey
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
837 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations for Cavelossim accommodation please

Last year we stayed at the Haathi Mahal in Cavelossim which is also in the centre of Cavelossim. Very nice hotel, although do tend to try and sell time share apartments. Rooms large and clean, although the bathrooms could all do with an update. This year we are staying at villa in Luisa by the Sea. They look lovely.Having visited them last year, we decided to go that route this year. I can put you in touch with the owner if you pm me.

Batley, United...
Level Contributor
735 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations for Cavelossim accommodation please

We love Cavelossim, have a time-share at the Haathai, agree though that the sellers are a pain, not just for Hotel guests but for owners as well, wanting you to buy extra time.

Another hotel in Cavelossim is the Dona Silvia, we have not viited, but met many people who have stayed there and they really seem to like it direct access to the beach but its AI not sure you need that in Goa as the food is so cheap in the village.

Another hotel is the Old Anchor, which seems to cater for Russian guests. Suggest you Google Cavelossim

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
21,681 posts
341 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendations for Cavelossim accommodation please

Luisa By The Sea is a complex made up of privately owned villa's and appartments and does have two pools. We have also stayed at the Haathi and the Holiday Inn. Although we havn't stayed at the Old Anchor I wouldn't recommend it. Have a great trip whereever you choose :-))

Newcastle
Level Contributor
60 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommendations for Cavelossim accommodation please

Last year we stayed at the holiday inn wouldn't recomend it, to noisy and busy and expensive for what it offers. while we were there we had a look at the Luisa By The Sea villa's, they are more cental to the town and the shacks on the beach, they have two pools and close to the river, we were offered a good price for this year so booked privatly, going out in two weeks.

Leicester
Level Contributor
306 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommendations for Cavelossim accommodation please

Many thanks for all of your recommendations, I shall certainly be looking at them in more detail.

Caroline

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
21,681 posts
341 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommendations for Cavelossim accommodation please

for photo's of a trip based at Luisa have a look at

flickr.com/photos/…

and for one at the Haathi

flickr.com/photos/…

8. Re: Recommendations for Cavelossim accommodation please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 20:20
Get answers to your questions about Goa
Recent Conversations