We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying Premium cabin with Monarch

Scotland
Level Contributor
4 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Flying Premium cabin with Monarch

Hi

We have heard that Monarch flights to Goa are not very good. We are flying on 12 March - in Premium cabin - anyone any suggestions how we can make sure we have a good/comfortable flight.

Thanks

Lotusflower4

England
Level Contributor
272 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying Premium cabin with Monarch

Monarch flights are about the worst in my opinion, with the grumpiest crews ever.You are lucky that you have the premium cabin, at least the seats are bigger with more leg room and are relatively comfortable. So when you get on board, sit back, have a large free drink and think of all those poor devils crammed in behind you in cattle class.

Bolton, England
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying Premium cabin with Monarch

we paid for extralegroom (£60.00 return as aginst £160odd for premium).

we had more legroom than them, though they were wider.

Also, if you are unfortunate to have the front seats, you stare at a blank wall. the only bonus i can see is that you are guaranteed to have your own personal digibox.

we got this facility though as the cabin crew said that we couldn't see the screens!!

the meals weren't all that different, real cutlery and orange juice on take off!!

if you want your free drinks other than service times, you have to ask the cabin crew, they aren't free with the offer.

Scotland
Level Contributor
4 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying Premium cabin with Monarch

Thanks for your input Goagirl & missymootoo. We went with Thompson last year but they let us down on the return journey when there was no premium cabin due to a change of aircraft. We didn't get our paid for pre-booked seat either! I have heard that First Choice are good.

I just hate being cooped up for 10+ hours. Nevermind, I am soooo looking forward to being back in Goa

Newcastle
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying Premium cabin with Monarch

I want a badge with 'I Hate Monarch' we flex Premium Jan2006, fine on the way but on the way back it was shocking service. I didn't get what I paid for as people came from the back to sit with friends in the front which is fair enough but when they started to get free drinks and food it became a free for all. Staff were larking about and at one point a stewardess was wearing the Captains jacket for a joke, they had swapped clothing so I can only presume he had her 'pinny' on. I e-mailed Monarch when I got back but got no joy. Flying with Britannia this year.

Have a good one. Summerof69

Get answers to your questions about Goa
Recent Conversations