We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

has anyone been on the tiger safari?

yorkshire
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
has anyone been on the tiger safari?

we are returning to goa in november and are considering going on the tiger safari.has anyone been on this trip?we would be interested on your views.we went on the jungle book last year and loved that trip but wanted to know if the safari was any thing similar.

Bangalore
Level Contributor
2,429 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: has anyone been on the tiger safari?

Tiger country is in central India, not Goa. Bandhavgarh, Kanha and Corbett are reputedly the best places. You will need to go thre probably via Delhi. If you have the time, it's worth doing it, before the big cats become extinct.

India
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: has anyone been on the tiger safari?

We went on a supposed tiger safari at the Sarisca tiger reserve,

but I dont believe that any tiger resided there ever!! dont know how they call it a reserve. so be aware when you make any bookings where they show pictures of tigers!

whats the jungle book like??

Mirfield, England
Level Contributor
494 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: has anyone been on the tiger safari?

We went to a tiger reserve and it was fantastic. We had to go on a 12 hour train journey/overnight trip. the reserve took in injured/shot tigers and nursed them back to health. We saw several bengal tigers. It was well worth the trip and I would recommend going. Unfortunately i cannot remember what it was called! Would have to look back at photos, it was 3/4 years ago.

England
Level Contributor
88 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: has anyone been on the tiger safari?

Hi

I asked a similar question on this forum not long ago, since we are also going to Goa soon, and would like to do a Tiger Safari.

I have seen an excursion advertised as 'Tiger and Tusker Trail' - involves a 4 hour journey on the Konkan Railway, and then staying at Udupi in Karnataka for 2 nights, and spotting Tigers, Sambars and deer in the jungle reserve of Tyavarekoppa Reserve (where they say tigers roam freely!), also a visit to the elephant training camp in Gajnaur.

what do you think? Here is the link -

www.independentvillas.co.uk/goa/goa.htm

Scroll down to excursions.

Regards Bob

5. Re: has anyone been on the tiger safari?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 17:20
Get answers to your questions about Goa
Recent Conversations