We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute Questions.....

Crewe
Level Contributor
46 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Last minute Questions.....

Hi its me again

We are going tomorrow and have a couple of questions.........

What is the exchange rate at the moment (online exchange rates are quoting 87 / 89 rupee to the pound, is that right ?)

And...........

What are the Clothes like to buy, ie Tops, Jeans, Dresses etc and can we get Flip Flop, Sandles, shoes, etc are thet good quality ?

Thanks for all the info and replies to my previous questions.

Joe

Warrington
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Last minute Questions.....

Hi Joe,

I can't answer the exchange rate question but in terms of clothes etc, we are going back in Jan for the 2nd time and we will NOT be taking as much as we did last year!!!

We bought plenty of clothes out there - most are fantastic. We bought Levi jeans, tops, Adidas t-shirts & tracksuit bottoms etc all from the shops and have had no problems washing them. Genuine items, not fakes. The Levi jeans I bought were perfect but they even offered to take them up for me if I thought they were a bit long!

We didn't buy any shoes out there (we stupidly took loads with us) but we had a good look in the shops and everything seemed ok. You can get the usual cheapies though so just have a good look.

I think it's just a case of using your common sense as with anywhere you go on your hols.

Hope you have a fantastic time!!!

England
Level Contributor
272 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last minute Questions.....

I'm not sure what the exact rate is at the moment, but 89 seems a bit high, I think it will probably be nearer to 80 if you are lucky.

As for clothes, be careful as a lot of the named brands are genuine fakes ! You can but a decent 'levi' polo shirt for about 200 rupees though and the quality is good. You can get flip flops everywhere, but for women with big feet like mine ( size 8) the choice is very limited.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
3,942 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last minute Questions.....

You should get 80-85 rupees to the £. Have a look at www.travelex.com or www.xe.com for today's rates. Most exchange places will have the current rates posted outside their offices when you get there. As you have probably read on these forums, don't change too much at the airport as the rate is very poor.

4. Re: Last minute Questions.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Goa
Recent Conversations