We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

That Ship

Manchester,England
Level Contributor
166 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
That Ship

Is that rusting excuse for a ship still anchored at Candolim ???

UK
Level Contributor
41 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: That Ship

Sure is!!

I've become quite attached to it after 5 trips, don't think the beach would be quite the same without it.

England
Level Contributor
272 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: That Ship

There is talk of moving it this year, but there is every year! Whilsti don't think it looks too bad, it does need moving now as it is changing the shoreline. the beach is eroding from the boat towards the Taj, exposing sharp rocks. Does anyone have an update on if it's going to be moved?

Manchester,England
Level Contributor
166 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: That Ship

Thanks for this Goan heads. I think that the beach would look fab without it. Lets hope the monsoon finally gets its way !!!

Goa, India
Level Contributor
113 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: That Ship

Yes it was still there at Christmas/New Year 2005.

Lots of talk from the locals about it being dismantled this year, but the way life runs over there it will be there for ever.

I am surprised no one has turned it into a beach shack or hotel.

Bill.

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
463 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: That Ship

I have just returned from there and I was told that they have started to dismantle it from the inside. The problem is the main shell as it is so hugh but hopes are it will be gone by the end of the year. Time will tell.

Manchester,England
Level Contributor
166 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: That Ship

Hey Goa Heads. The River Princess Blot on the beach is finally heading out on 20/05/2005.OFFICIAL. The goans are planning a very big party.

Cheers

David

England
Level Contributor
272 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: That Ship

Great news, where did you hear this from and any idea how they are going to move it?

n.ireland
Level Contributor
92 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: That Ship

We just returned from Candolim on 24th April and Ganesh from the beach shack opposite said they're expecting to move the boat in May. Apparently there's a high tide due and that's when it's going to be floated away. During our stay there was a lot of activity going on at the boat (well as much as ever goes on in Goa!) so it may well be gone for next season. Of course if they miss the May deadline then it'll have to stay over the monsoon - so who knows? I think I'll kinda miss it when it goes!!!

Gail C.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
58 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: That Ship

Ive been fishing near the river princess for the last 5 years it atracts lots of types of fish ,ill be sad to see it go

Manchester,England
Level Contributor
166 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: That Ship

DazUK

I understand your point regarding fish, but if the ship decides to excrete rust and any other heavy metals into the water it would be a different matter. Also it would be only a matter of time before it is consumed by the monsoon and that would be a diasaster for the shorline.

Best get rid and let the beach return to it's natural beauty.

Get answers to your questions about Goa
Recent Conversations