We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanks Experts

Leeds, Yorkshire, UK
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Thanks Experts

Earlier today, I read a message entitled 'I only asked' which related to 'posting' removal and site navigation. I responded by expressing similar site navigational problems. One of the experts, either Goanluv or GoanJock responded with advice that was useful in overcoming the problem.

Sadly the administrators have now definitely removed the string. The points were properly and politely made. Poor show and shame on you administrators.

How long before you remove this or will you give your expert a chance to add his comment first???

buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
136 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanks Experts

I agree with your comments. The point Goanjock made about the dfference between forum and forums was very useful and cleared up quite a bit of confusion for me.

The problem I have is when a post has been removed I want to see what was written and work out why there was cause for removal, of course it has been removed so I can't.

Eight sleeps left!!!

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,406 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanks Experts

I missed that thread and agree it's annoying when something has been deleted and you can't work out why. However I'm sure the administrators usually have good reason for removing threads - often it's our friend Brad just messing everybody about.

Leeds, Yorkshire, UK
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanks Experts

For the benefit of anybody who did not read about the issue. it highlghted the fact that new users had difficulty in navigating back to a particular topic or thread (sorry for previously using the incorrect term'string') or indeed even one of their own postings.

Goanjock helped by pointing out that there are two similar forumnames: 'Goa Forums' and within that umberella another site called 'Goa Forum'. He also commented on how they worked.

There can be no good reason for withdrawing this topic. The issue has doubtless deterred the proper use of this site by new users. It should have been taken as 'feedback' and if possible the administrator should have responded stating how the issue was being addressed - or not!

Barry, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanks Experts

I think what we all need to remember is with the number of strange people who come onto the forums with the deliberate idea of winding everyone up the administrators do quite a good job, they take off those offending threads when asked however occassionaly and innocent thread falls foul of the same procedure.

The ideal would be to get forum members to register honestlywith proof of ID so no further wind ups be possible - but would you join a forum that asked you to prove you are who you say you are??

Happy new year everyone

cheers Lyn x

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands
Level Contributor
17,905 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thanks Experts

I think it was pulled bacause there was a pretty dodgy post at the end (which didn't stay on long) and I guess as it was off-topic it was easier to pull the thread.

p.s. The thread was basically to do with how sometimes threads seem to dissapear and then reapear and its because there is a goa forum and a goa forum's which includes all the goan forum's i.e.candolim etc. etc. and if you are reading a post on the goa forum (or candolim etc.) and click on the return button at the bottom of the page you are taken back to the goa forum (or candolim etc.) rather than the all inclusive goa forum's page and therefore it seems that threads have gone but in fact you are just on a different index. Hope that makes sense I definitely talk better than I type ;-)

Barry, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thanks Experts

Callumn it sounds as though you are in danger of losing the thread lol

cheers Lyn x

Leeds, Yorkshire, UK
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thanks Experts

Final Comment - I promise.

Perhaps I did not read the offending final comment on the 'thread'. If so I apologise. However if it was the cause for pulling it then perhaps it might have been better to block that comment and leave the rest.

Your comments were helpful, Goanjock and could have helped others too. It would seem like a waste of your time and effort also.

It is also natural to feel offended when one's interest is cut off abruptly.

I realised that it had gone because I was still trying to establish which forum was which and could not see the title in any of them. I used my computers history tab to check and got a message saying that it had been removed.

However perhaps it would be better now to return to the business rather than the administration.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands
Level Contributor
17,905 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thanks Experts

Hi

If you go to the goa forums (with the s) next to the title you are told which forum the thread is from and if you click on jump to specific forum you will get a list of all the Goan forum's.

9. Re: Thanks Experts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 03:17
Get answers to your questions about Goa
Recent Conversations