We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jungle book excursion in Goa

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
196 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Jungle book excursion in Goa

Hiya

Another question before I jet off on Thurs!

There's a few things I'd like to do whilst in Goa and I noticed on my Thomas Cook tickets they advertise the Jungle Book excursion

(overnight in a mud hut and swimming with/bathing elephants plus yoga in an old temple) which I'm very interested in.

Has anyone done this? How much is it?

I know it will be expensive booking with the rep (as an ex rep myself!) so any alternatives in local travel agents or thru hotel reception at the Alor Grande?

Cheers (can't wait!!!)

Carol

Liverpool
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Jungle book excursion in Goa

Hi ,

we done this last year cost £78 with Thomas Cook, although people say you can do this cheaper the guide we had was brillant, this trip was one of the best experiences ever. Mud huts basic and I hate insects but we done nothing but laugh. We even got up at 5:30am to do jungle walk for 3 hours and finished with yoga absoutely great !! Our guide was called Zeb or something like that, he knew everything about everything, we went to spice plantation first. the trip was worth every penny. only draw back was all food was included but drinks i.e beer etc was 3 times price as was eveything, even the picture they take of you riding on elephant !! but the money they make probably helps to feed all the animals and up keep etc Anyway we totally enjoyed the whole experience and would recommend to all !!

Level Contributor
105 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jungle book excursion in Goa

Hi Carol

I would say don't do the jungle book experience, I saw the state of the huts they put you in and it was like something from the film 'Bridge over the River Kwa1'. Obviously the huts are 'sparten', but when I had a shifty around during a break from playing with the elephants i was glad I hadn't booked for the whole event, and don't get me wrong, I can rough it with the best of them. The place is nice to visit as a day trip, and the people were very kind and made the day, but I wouldn't want to stay the night as a prisoner, erm sorry, I mean guest. you could go there for the day trip and then change it to the full experience once you're there (but you won't)

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jungle book excursion in Goa

Hi Carol

We did the jungle book tour through T/C back in November.

The whole adventure was fantastic and worth every penny.

We started at the spice plantation, which was very interesting and in beautiful surroundings. We arrived at the jungle camp late in the afternoon. The mud hut was great, very clean inside and surprisingly very few mossies, apparently this is because the hut is made from dung (Don’t worry it doesn’t smell!!) The beds do have mossie nets over them and theres a fan on the ceiling. Our hut was infront of the elephants pen, which was bizzare to wake up to after a night on the kingfisher.

Although the drinks are more expensive its still for nowt when compared with back home.

I wont spoil the trip by telling you about everything they put on for you through the evening, but guaranteed, you will have lots of fun.

Have a great trip

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
196 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jungle book excursion in Goa

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Had a fab time in Goa, Alor Grande hotel absolutely fine!

Would have no hesitation going back again or selling it (I'm a travel agent). Have written a seperate review.

Didn't do the jungle book excursion in the end. We decided to shop around and booked an excursion to the Dudsager waterfalls (less than half the reps prices at Johns Boat Tours) - they stopped near a spice plantation on the way where there was chance for an elephant ride, then down to the stream to splash about and wash nelly! So my friend got her elephant ride afterall. The excursion was quite tiring and in 38 degress heat it was a bit uncomfortable but once we got to the waterfalls and dived in pure bliss!!!

We also went down the Mandovi river on a small boat to see the crocodiles, got some really good close up photos! Also on a larger boat, like a steamer, called Noahs Ark - which seated 200 for dinner, and it went out with 4 of us it! The waiters were falling over themselves to serve us!

The markets, Anjuna and Arpora are fantastic - even when you've haggled as low as possible I found that you could still get some items cheaper in the local shops! Still, all part of the fun!

Remembered to take a torch (for the power cuts in hotel!) and comfy shoes (all the red dust everywhere!) that had been advised on previously.

All in all had very relaxing holiday and can totally understand the appeal of Goa and why so many return year after year.

5. Re: Jungle book excursion in Goa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 10:19
Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations