We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gay travel

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
97 reviews
Gay travel

I am travelling on honeymoon with my husband next April to Whispering Palms in Candolin. We are in no way “camp” and completely respect local traditions wherever we go and never display public affection, even at home. We’re more likely to be found in a sports bar with a beer than a “gay” bar with a cocktail. I understand homosexuality is “illegal” in India. Given our outlook and behaviour, does anyone know in the current climate whether we will face any hostility or, heaven forbid, criminal action?

17 replies to this topic
London
Level Contributor
9,065 posts
54 reviews
1. Re: Gay travel

Just relax and be yourselves observing common courtesy to the country. Just remember its not against the law to be gay. The archaic law states acts against the law of nature - which can mean many things. What you do in privacy of hotel room nobody will know about.

Enjoy your holiday and do not worry.

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
2,738 posts
60 reviews
2. Re: Gay travel

Dont worry Goa is a most welcoming place for all.

Other than drugs do whatever you want in Goa no issiues at all.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,963 posts
119 reviews
3. Re: Gay travel

You will be fine, nobody will take any notice. Enjoy your trip.

Retford, United...
Level Contributor
740 posts
40 reviews
4. Re: Gay travel

You'll be absolutely fine in Goa, and you've chosen a very nice hotel, but please get out and about and enjoy the fantastic food that's around. Straight outside your hotel you have Grills & Curries, The Mermaid and The Bistro. Out the back towards the beach you have Victors, a fantastic fish place, you need to book the day before and he's almost the last place as you go to the beach, he just has half a dozen tables

Glasgow
Level Contributor
253 posts
79 reviews
5. Re: Gay travel

Relax and look forward to your honeymoon, it's common to see young Indian males walking the beach holding hands and hugging at first I thought there was a lot of gay people around then I realised they're not gay,just not British Relax be yourselfs and go with the flow, Have great time.

Edited: 22 September 2017, 20:39
rastrick
Level Contributor
1,726 posts
35 reviews
6. Re: Gay travel

hope its not to late in April as thing start to shut down, and its starting to get very humid. As for being gay nobody will even blink an eyelid , go and enjoy.

Liverpool, England...
1 post
7. Re: Gay travel

Hey Paul, We are a same sex couple, off there in feb, same hotel too. Cant wait. Get in touch and we can let you know how it is!

Rochdale
Level Contributor
48 posts
35 reviews
8. Re: Gay travel

Hi Guys. We have been twice....3rd time in Feb....absolutely crazy in love with place....no worries and very welcoming and accepting. I have more problems going out in the Village in Manchester....be yourself just obviously no shows of affection. Have fun...i think there is a gay night in a small bar across from John's Boat Tours stand....we stumbled in and laughed so much till about 5 in the morning!!!

Level Contributor
80 posts
24 reviews
9. Re: Gay travel

You will absolutely love it here. Always a good number of gay couples about. You'll soon feel completely relaxed but I understand the nervousness. We were the same when we came 4 years ago, we've spent every Christmas here since!

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
1,116 posts
6 reviews
10. Re: Gay travel

just go and enjoy,all will be fine

Reply to: Gay travel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations