We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The O Hotel or Sonesta Inns?

liverpool
Level Contributor
558 posts
172 reviews
Save Topic
The O Hotel or Sonesta Inns?

Hi, i'm researching next winters holiday and I have narrowed it down to these two hotels.I am looking for a quiet beachfront hotel with beautiful gardens set on the quietest part of candolim beach. Close to beachshacks that have generous space between sunloungers and great restaurants within walking distance. Which would be the better option do you think? thanks Nora s

14 replies to this topic
Coventry, UK
Level Contributor
3,627 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The O Hotel or Sonesta Inns?

We have stayed at both Nora, (the Sonesta three times, and the O twice), and both would fit your requirements of gardens down to the quiet beaches. But the Sonesta is down a side road, with a few places on it, then half way between Candolim and Calangute, so a bus or taxi is needed. While the O is surrounded by restaurants and bars, and only a few minutes walk away from Camdolim centre.

We did love the Sonesta, and the rooms and pool are lovely, but for us the O's location makes it our favourite.

liverpool
Level Contributor
558 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The O Hotel or Sonesta Inns?

Thanks TriuumphNed but still finding it hard to make a decision. Can you walk along the beach into Candolim of a night from Sonesta? we love an evening stroll so being further out is not a problem. Overall which hotel would allow us to escape the crowds give us the quietest holiday do you think?

Coventry, UK
Level Contributor
3,627 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The O Hotel or Sonesta Inns?

You probably can walk along the beach, Nora, in about 30 minutes or so. Never done it ourselves. The O is the last but one hotel in Candolim, so if you go on the beach,it is where the beach shacks stop, and you have miles of empty beach to walk on, if that's your thing.

liverpool
Level Contributor
558 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The O Hotel or Sonesta Inns?

The O sounds great, like the idea of miles of empty beach, many thanks!

Coventry, UK
Level Contributor
3,627 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The O Hotel or Sonesta Inns?

My review of the O has just gone up on here, Nora, and I have included a photo of the quiet end of the beach. I hope that helps you.

2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: The O Hotel or Sonesta Inns?

We have stayed at the Sonesta a few years back. We used to walk to Maya's shack in the morning, took about 45 minutes, and then back at T.Time. When we went out at night got a Tuktuk into Candolim and then another one back.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,165 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The O Hotel or Sonesta Inns?

I agree the 0 would suit your requirements, nice and quiet. Only 15 mins walk to Benidorm Centre.

2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: The O Hotel or Sonesta Inns?

"Benidorm Centre"? Time travel

liverpool
Level Contributor
558 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The O Hotel or Sonesta Inns?

Thanks everyone for your advice, and the great review and phot'os trimphNed! Still haven't booked, just a niggling doubt that Candolim is for not for us. Last christmas we stayed at Betalbatim and enjoyed the quiet, looking for somewhere a little livelier next year, but not Benidorm (?) We spent most of our days walking at least 5 miles along the beaches either side of Betalbatim , stopping for refreshments along the way,- eg Cavelossim to Benaulim, Betalbatim to colva and Benaulim, Betalbatim and as far as we could go to the right.

We had a fantastic holiday but would prefer to visit another part of Goa this time.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,165 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The O Hotel or Sonesta Inns?

Try further north, Morjim,Mandrem/Ashvem. Fantastic beaches,clean sea and some excellent accomodation,plus its a long way from Benidorm.

Reply to: The O Hotel or Sonesta Inns?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations