We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are you going to Calangute area before Feb 06

Wirral ,England
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Are you going to Calangute area before Feb 06

Hi Im not going back to Goa until Feb due to work commitments .Is there any chance you could take a charity parcel of kids clothes, toys and games out for me ....at present its costing ��9.75 for 2 kilo to be sent overland 6 weeks delivery and the same amount 1 kilo airmail which is quite a hefty price 4 times per month ...The items are for the charity Children Walking Tall ..I will post the items to you if you could include them in your luggage 4 kilo would be the maximum I would ask anyone to take unless you request otherwise.Some who go regularly travel very light .Please have a look at www Children Walking Tall , Read their newsletters and see what good they are trying to do...Many thanks ..

ps. Im not a "drug smuggler" Im just trying to do my bit , as stated I will send the items to you ,you are able to well examine them to make sure everything ok ...

manchester
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Are you going to Calangute area before Feb 06

Hi, We are going in november, have just upgraded on the flight.

Once we have our tickets I will know how much luggage we can take. I am sure we could take it

England
Level Contributor
272 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are you going to Calangute area before Feb 06

Hi Maxwellsmum,

Please don't take offence, but he reason why you've probably had only one reply is that it's just not a good idea to take anything belonging to anyone else on the flight. What do you answer when they ask you at check-in 'Have you been asked to carry something for anyone else'? We know you are not a drug smuggler, but we can't be doing with all the hassle. Is there any other way we could help when out in Goa?

Wirral ,England
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are you going to Calangute area before Feb 06

Hi Goagirl...sorry for delay comptuer been playing up and new one now installed......the charity is called Children Walking Tall and they have a web site . Postage is so very expensive from here .....many cheers

England
Level Contributor
272 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are you going to Calangute area before Feb 06

Thanks for that, I'll check the website out.

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
3,105 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are you going to Calangute area before Feb 06

Hi Maxwellsmum,

I thought this was a good idea so contacted CWT and a friend gave me some soft toys shes collected over the years...then some one else said they had some clothes...then the rest of the family have joined in and the result is that i have a HUGE suitcase full and a 2ft square box to take full of goodies from toys to clothes and everything in between.

the airline are very helpfull allowing the excess baggage.

We are having a day at Mapusa to deliver the stuff and will post photos when we get home.

It seems such a small thing to do and it helps when all involved have made it so easy to organize.

I had never thought of doing this so thank you for making me aware of www.childrenwalkingtall.com

England
Level Contributor
272 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are you going to Calangute area before Feb 06

To all those of you who would like to help, but don't feel like taking an extra suitcase ( well done Alisha) take a look at the website, there is a section where you can make a donation towards renovating a house for the children called The Mango House.

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
3,105 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Are you going to Calangute area before Feb 06

I have just popped into the off topic forum and its has been pointed out that not many people say thank you for the advice they are given and i noticed that i didnt do this too.

So thanks for all the advice given to me ..Going to Goa 17 sleeps !!! :)

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations