We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visas

wirral england
3 posts
Save Topic
visas

hi my wife & myself are going to candolim for the first time in march, could anyone tell me the best place to get our visas from & how long does it take to purchase them.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,834 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visas

If you read through Meerkat's thread "Visa's we've done it" all the info is there. It's very long, but very comprehensive!

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297604-i9241-k2…

wirral england
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: visas

thanks for that gemma1 will look through it

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
7,824 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: visas

Hi spoungelips, the link you need is the following:

http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/

I think your application centre will be Birmingham if you live in Merseyside. They take about a week to 10 days by post with a special delivery envelope or you could go in person and go back to collect them 2 - 3 working days later or pay VFS Global an extra charge to return them to you in a special delivery envelope. Have a look at the documents you need to send below:

http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/documents.aspx

Very best of luck!

Leicester
Level Contributor
306 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: visas

We are going Goa for the first time as well in March. Tried doing on line application 3 times, all of which failed and just ended up annoyed and frustrated. Found it alot easier and quicker to print off the visa form (www.vfsglobal.co.uk) and filled this in (need to write small though). For both systems, you still need to send the form off with photos, passport and fees. Difference is with on line is that you can track it on line and pay fees other than postal order. Once you have all the documents, go to your post office and get special delivery envelopes to send your documents off as well as for return of your passport and visa.

Good luck for either way.

Caroline

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
Asia
Level Contributor
530 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: visas

I think the most important thing seems to be to make sure you fill out every single box, even if it means putting 'NA' in any really impossible ones (like referees in India). Don't leave your parents detail blank even if they are dead. Put some names in for UK referees, it doesn't matter who they are. Put a destination address even if it's a hotel picked at random from the internet. Make sure your photos correspond exactly with the requirements (I nearly sent ones that were the same as my passport photo, so they would have known they were more than 6 months old!).

It seems to be where there are minor ommissions or errors that delays happen and forms get returned. Check, check and check again before you send off the form!

Mentioned in this post
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
7,824 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: visas

Yep, totally agree with Kate, fill in everything no matter how irrelevant it may seem to us and check the form online and again when printed. Time consuming but it works out in the end.

Rotherham
Level Contributor
33 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: visas

Hi you will need to apply through VFS Global Birmingham. Despite what some people say on this forum we posted ours on Saturday using special delivery, we included a return self address special delivery envelope and got the visas back on the Thursday. As other people will say, make sure you fill every box even if you only put na.

wakefield/west...
Level Contributor
38 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: visas

hiya sponglips,im off to candolim sunday(cant wait), had an absolute nightmare with visa,s,sent back to me twice, i ended up going to b/ham, wish i had done that in 1st place, was talking to some folk there and some people had lost passports,so i,ll always go in person now,download and print form, fill in and go to office,this is my 2nd trip to goa, it is worth all the hassle,if you need any help,get back to me ill go through it with you,good luck

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,706 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: visas

Here is a link for the visa application form.

(if it works)

…vfsglobal.co.uk/images/Visaform-19thFeb08.p…

10. Re: visas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 15:17