We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

silver sands

Midlands
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
silver sands

hi to all, u guys are all brill, just reading all the help and advice. we are off to silver sands cadolim 1st time 6th April,with our 15yr old daughter, would love to go on afew trips etc all and any help and advise will be greatfully received x

Viceroy's Arch
Architectural Buildings, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Church of Our Lady Of Hope
Architectural Buildings, Sacred & Religious Sites, Churches & Cathedrals
england
Level Contributor
4,275 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: silver sands

you,ll have a lovely time in goa not long now sure you,ll be hit with the goan bug.for trips you,d be better off finding a good taxi driver who,ll take you on trips or use a tour operator like daytripper who have been running for years.a must trip is to the waterfalls where you get the monkey,s feeding from your hand and the chance to swim in the freezein waters.

Warwickshire
Level Contributor
159 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: silver sands

Ditto use the local taxi drivers we will;

Im sure if you go with a tour company the local tour rep will come & sus you out on your arrival whilst excellent at giving local information they are there to sell.

We went on the spice planation/jungle book trip & safari/jeep tour to the waterfall I think we could have done it cheaper using a taxi or booked whilst there.

I think 1st time you are a bit nervous & not sure, but you will meet some great people & hotel staff who will be of so much help & advice what to do & what not.

Peruna.

north wales
Level Contributor
151 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: silver sands

Hi

A word of warning!!!

We arrived at the silver sands on the 18th DEcember having booked a year previously and were allocted 3 separate rooms in the 6... block.

How disgusting... whilst we weresold rooms that were supposed to have been done up recently ...they wer absolutely filthy!!!

When you arrive make sure that you check the mattresses and pillows ....you would not expect animals to sleep on items that were so dirty!!!!!!!!

It took them 3 days before they finally moved us all - to rooms in the yellow block - 203 we think was ours. What a difference!!!I'm convinced that they treat first choice guests differently to anyone else!!!

Any way have a lovely time

Wiars

Midlands
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: silver sands

OMG! worried now or what - guess i will have to wait and see, thanks though for comments

england
Level Contributor
4,275 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: silver sands

reading reviews on silver sands it depends on the accomdation you have booked as seems the bungalows are better

Midlands
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: silver sands

peruna, thanku, your right as this is our first time we will be abit nervous but mayb the taxi will be used,so exciting so much to think about...

Warwickshire
Level Contributor
159 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: silver sands

Sorry but I am glad we are staying again @ the fabulous cannot do enough treat you like you were a long lost friend Hotel Aldeia Snta Rita; 4 weeks tomorrow kipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Fantastic reviews here on T/A.

Peruna.

Midlands
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: silver sands

deluxe room for 3? hey ho im going and will live with it - anyway im hitting the beach not the room for 2weeks lol

Warwickshire
Level Contributor
159 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: silver sands

I have visited my local library good selection of books on Goa to give you ideas of what's out there.

If you like the travel guide book keep renewing it & take it with you; or buy it.

Talking of books we found a pile of books,magazines donated bty departing guests due to baggage allowance.

Unless you are familiar with Goa & hit the place running we found it took a week to familiarise ourselves - taking note of advise from other guests hotel staff use of local taxi driver we explored much much further.. a hotel day then an out day.

It was Easter when we were there we went to the local church Palm Sunday a very different but pleasant experience it was said in English.

Dangerous...but we got a tuk tuk back to Candolim

Peruna

Midlands
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: silver sands

hiya - thats why this site is sooooo brilliant as im finding out loads from you guys - i expect it to be like no where i have ever been b4 and that why we are going. im taking on board all whats said and value everything! going 6th april roll on.....

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations