We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheers Sanjay

UK
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cheers Sanjay

Thanks for that Sanjay, the only long haul we have done is thailand where despite it being cheap as chips we spent all fifteen hundred quid!! We did tons of trips though but through the reps as the taxis were only for short trips. Will definitely try using a tazi and doing it ourselves. Would you advise using a taxi from the airport instead of waiting around for the coach transfer? I love to shop...what sort of local goods can you buy in Goa?? Are there the usual stalls selling watches etc for my hubby?? Thanks for all your help, so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barry, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
2,028 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheers Sanjay

Definately get a taxi to hotel, although you may miss out on the information the rep will give out on coach.

If you love to shop Goa is for you, there are little shops big shops, clothes shops, jewellery shops, carpet shops leather shops thats as far as I'm prepared to go. Watches are not big in Goa as they stamp down on copyright with them (but not handbags and other things!)

Taking a good taxi driver with you is a must so get to know a few attached to your resort they will understand what you want to see as first time visitors

Above all enjoy your spending and your holiday I'm sure you will want to go back again and again

london
Level Contributor
34 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheers Sanjay

Hi there again.

If you have a coach transfer from the airport I would take it, especially if its part of a package trip. It seems needless going through the stress of getting a taxi (and paying) when you are new to a country.

If you have never been to an Indian airport before, believe me it will be an experience.

As for shopping well thats not my strong point being a lad, but from what I remember panaji (panjim) is the place to go if you are a shopoholic, also calangute has many shops. Again the taxi drivers will be able to assist you.

On the money front we are taking travellers cheques and we will keep a visa and mastercard in reserve. Apparently you can withdraw cash with nationwide cards from atms, for no fee.

We are also going to delhi for 3 nights before we get to goa, I would be disapointed if we spent more than £1000 over 17 nights (including a trip to the taj mahal).

England
Level Contributor
272 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheers Sanjay

Get a taxi from the airport, it's very cheap and saves waiting around for others to join the coach. there is ataxi stand directly outside arrivals and the price is fixed depending on your destination, don't worry, you won't get ripped off.

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations