We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ruffles in Candolim

Which Candolim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
237 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Ruffles in Candolim

Hello all

I'm thinking of booking this hotel but can't find many reviews. I'd appreciate comments - good and bad - from anyone that's stayed here recently.

Thanks

Claire

Heckmondwike, West...
Level Contributor
1,339 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ruffles in Candolim

Have a look on their website www.rufflesgao.com this should give you a good idea what it's like and also the current room rates. Also have a look at the hotel reviews for Candolim on here, the hotel itself is in a good location near to the beach and plenty of bars and restaurants within walking distance. Hope this helps.

DebyC

herts
Level Contributor
73 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ruffles in Candolim

not seen the rooms myself, but friends of mine stay there, have done so for 3 years. I am sure they have a room with air conditioning. It is run by an english couple and they over see pretty much everything(or they did last year. Food in the bar is very english and a little pricey. But you pay for what you feel comfortable with. I have only eaten there once in the 6 years I have been to Goa. That was through choice not because the food was bad or anything.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
237 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ruffles in Candolim

Thanks to you both for your comments. The rooms look quite impressive on the website but I always prefer to check out reviews before committing. They have offered us a price that we are happy with for 23 nights over xmas & new year so I will probably book as it's in the area that we want. We normally don't mind what the rooms are like and consider it just a place to sleep and shower but as we're there for quite a while we're looking for somewhere with a bit of comfort also. It's good to hear that people are prepared to return year after year.

West Midlands
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ruffles in Candolim

Ruffles Resort, Candolim.

Ideally situated close to the main centre of Candolim. Downstairs is a bar run by British couple(well has been for last 3-4yrs). Entertainment nearly every night at the expense of lost sleep to a lot of other nearby residents. There's a shop/bar over road called Nino's Nook (Marcus & Renee),popular with Brits but price differs with face that asks! There's a great place for Thursday Night Quiz next door to Ruffles at Deva's Pavillion (ask for Josette, she's lovely). Hope they have finished the Russian place they were building last December at the rear of Ruffles? Ruffles has got a nice small pool!

Manchester UK
Level Contributor
428 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ruffles in Candolim

The bar at Ruffles was very busy when we visited last year. It had a very british atmosphere with quite a few larger family groups and live karaoke style music. If you fancy a quieter base just accross the road then have a look at San Francisco Holiday Home. They are self catering appartments around a small pool, very clean and spacious.

Nairn, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ruffles in Candolim

we have booked to stay here in February 2010, our first time to Goa. Let us know what it's like on your return please!!

bulgaria
Level Contributor
145 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ruffles in Candolim

all apartment are booked up at sanfranciso. bruno is very very helpful though and he sorted somewhere else for us to stay.

sure you will get sorted xx

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
237 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ruffles in Candolim

Just a quick update for janee01.

We got back yesterday. The hotel is managed by a guy from Mumbai called Russel and is completely separate to Ruffles Bar and Restaurant at the front of the hotel which is run by an English couple. We could hear the nightly karaoke from the bar but it finished by 11.30pm so didn't disturb our sleep. Rooms starting with 3 or 4 are the furthest away from the bar.

As most hotels in Goa the rooms are basic but clean with fresh sheets and towels everyday. The aircon, tv, fridge etc... is all included in the price and so is the breakfast but we only had that once because we like to eat at the beach. The pool bar was very cheap - 60rs for a large Kingfisher compared to 80-90rs in the restaurants and at the beach.

I celebrated my 30th birthday while I was there and was left a cake, flowers and card in the room which was a nice touch. We had a really good time and I wouldn't hesitate to stay again and would recommend it to family and friends.

Nairn, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ruffles in Candolim

thanks for letting me know about Ruffles, we go there on Feb 10th, glad to hear a good review !!! will post mine when I get back.

sheffield england
Level Contributor
231 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Ruffles in Candolim

Hiya can you book a package deal to stay at ruffels if so which one

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations