We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help baga or candolim

Which Candolim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
648 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
help baga or candolim

wonder if anyone can help thinking of going to goa in april and dont know where to stay am torn between baga and candolim just worried that it nay be too quiet in candolim and it does say the beech is not safe for swimming. How crowded is baga and will the beach shacks be open that time of year. Any help much appreciated

which do people think is the better beach looking for chill out with loads of beech shack however do like a bit of a party at night

thanks

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,006 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help baga or candolim

Candolim is my favorate. Although Baga is not far away anyway. Candolim is more for Your/ Our age group. Plenty of Resteraunts/ Bars/ Hotels and Shacks now th licences are through. Beach is not that good for swimming though I do but some undercurent. Baga is more like a Magaluf.

manchester
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: help baga or candolim

did 2 years at bagga,then moved to candolim whitch we prefer

and bagga is only a short 10min taxi ride away

so you can have the best of both worlds

North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help baga or candolim

Hi wendyed

We stayed in Candolim in late March-early April a couple of years back and we were the only folks on the beach (literally)..only a few shacks open (the one we returned to most days stayed open only because of our custom and asked each day when we were packing up for the day if we were returning the next day,got to know the chap very well and I believed him as he said our few rupes were worth staying put and we were the only customers all day !!), the majority had been taken down...there were more open in Baga but it was very quiet in comparison to Jan/Feb/early March.

The evenings were great as the restaurants were not overcrowded or busy.

We thoroughly enjoyed it being quieter but it was seriously hot and we had to hire A/C as the room only had a fan and it was unbearable.

There were more Indian holidaymakers about but the evening entertainment was more or less confined to the bigger bars and hotels as it appeared that the majority of folks ate out quite early ish and then returned to their hotels.When we ventured "down the road" to Baga it was pretty much the same...a few more people about but certainly no parties that we saw...a few music bars but again not crowded. April is the winding down period for Goa as the package holiday season is drawing to a close.

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,607 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help baga or candolim

Wendyed, Baga is fine, it's nothing like Magaluf, there's plenty of bars and restaurants there for people of all ages. Baga Beach is bigger and busier than Candolim with a lot more beach shacks to choose from.Candolim is quieter with bars and restaurants as well, my advise would be to have a look at Calangute, it's set betwean Baga and Candolim, it has a good variety of bars/restaurants etc and your not far from anywhere. There's plenty of taxis tuk tuks and a public bus service to get to the other two resorts.

Felixstowe, United...
Level Contributor
3,668 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help baga or candolim

i like baga beach from a safety angle, you walk in the sea and the sea bed is flat, in Candolim you can go from ankle deep to chest deep in one step in some places. In Candolim your veiw from the beach is of the wreck of the River Princes, a real eye sore, much better veiw in Baga.However i like the evenings in Candolim better, but it is not far by taxi and very cheap.

All i all i would stay in Baga for the beach as you go there most days, and split my evenings around Candolim ,Baga, and Calangute.That way you get best of all worlds

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
419 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: help baga or candolim

Hi wendyed,

The beach shacks at Baga are very popular but the sunbeds are very close together ( I think when bladesboy compares Baga with Magaluf he is on about the sunbeds / space at the main shacks,not Baga itself ).

As for myself I much prefer the beach anywhere from about Dommat beach shack ( come down steps at Calangute turn left and 10 mins.walk ) to around about just after the beach road at Candolim. If you continue onto the bottom end of Candolim / Sinquerim the beach is becoming non existent.

This is just my opinion but I know plenty of people who prefer Baga.

london
Level Contributor
648 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: help baga or candolim

thank you so much do u think the beech shacks will be running mid april

England
Level Contributor
34 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: help baga or candolim

Why not do as we do. Stay in Arpora away from the noise, spend the day on the beach at Baga with all that goes on there and eat out wherever our fancy, or recomendations, take us.

We did visit up to Candolim last year but I couldn't look at that rusty boat all day!!

london
Level Contributor
648 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: help baga or candolim

thank you so much still not sure am thinking not that april may be the wrong time to go but thank u anyway can u recoomened any trips resturants anything really

london
Level Contributor
648 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: help baga or candolim

thank you and on my god s third option....... Do u think April is not a good time to visit

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations