We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Silver Sands Hideaway Candolim - location please ?

manchester
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
210 reviews
Save Topic
Silver Sands Hideaway Candolim - location please ?

The Silver Sands Hideaway is a new 18 bedroom boutique hotel on Thomson's website , it says the location is 100 metres to the centre, any ideas where it is please? Thanks

wolves
Level Contributor
545 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Silver Sands Hideaway Candolim - location please ?

hiya,

only from the map on their website can oyu see it is in candolim, i am going with them to Silver sands Holiday Village in march and didn't hear of any Boutique Hideaway....?? I know the holiday village i am going to has seperate buildings and bungalows, but i really don't think they are boutique, hope this helps and you find the info youare looking for, somebody on here will no doubt advise you correctly. See ya.

wolves
Level Contributor
545 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Silver Sands Hideaway Candolim - location please ?

ive just checked website again and yes it is brand new by the sounds of it, i would also love to know of anyone who has been there, i am already on the look out for our Xmas/New Year 2011 Hols....

Sheffield
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Silver Sands Hideaway Candolim - location please ?

I've just booked for November. If you look at the tripadvisor information for the Silver Sands resort check out the the number of rooms and then compare with the Silver Sands resort home page (found on an 'everyday' search engine), I'd make an assumption the resort has been refurbished and has a new added building, which could well be the 'Hideaway'. If someone can confirm this is the case it'll sort any confusion.

Not too worried, the refurbished Silver Sands looks very nice from the photos, and it if it turns out to be the old version, still not worried, I won't be in the cold,wet and miserable UK for 2 weeks...good enough for me!

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Silver Sands Hideaway Candolim - location please ?

On their site it says location is 500m from the beach so it can’t be attached to the Silver Sands Holiday Village, isn’t that at the bottom of Beach Road so no more than 100m from the beach?

wolves
Level Contributor
545 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Silver Sands Hideaway Candolim - location please ?

yup, its def a seperate place judgind by info, plus i doubt they would put brand new boutique place if it wasn't..... could they??

Sheffield
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Silver Sands Hideaway Candolim - location please ?

Hi

Decided to e-mail the Silver Sands, they responded within the hour, they have been fully refurbished, but the 'Hideaway' is not part of their refurbishment, there goes that theory....thanks for those who added comments which made me curious enough to make further enquiries!

I'm joining everyone else, I'd love to find out more about where I am staying.

Some friends of ours are going to Candolim in April, I'll send them on a reccy to find out any info....so watch this space in late April - unless someone has info before then

South Wales, New...
Level Contributor
687 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Silver Sands Hideaway Candolim - location please ?

themacs85

Please can you post the email addy for Silver Sands.

Thanks.

Sheffield
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Silver Sands Hideaway Candolim - location please ?

sorry, been offline for a while, Taffy1SouthWales, I've sent you the mail direct.

London
7 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Silver Sands Hideaway Candolim - location please ?

Hi All.... I'm due to be going to Silver Sands (superior room) in March... in previous visits the superior rooms were in the coloured buildings at the back, however judging by recent reviews/pictures on here this may no longer be the case... can anyone shed some light on this?

Also those of you who had their accommodation standard changed by First Choice, how were you notified?

Thanks

L

wolves
Level Contributor
545 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Silver Sands Hideaway Candolim - location please ?

lozza this is a different place to the usual Silver Sands i believe. I am also dreading our room choice bening changed, it hasn't so far and better not wither....

Get answers to your questions about Candolim