We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches (again)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
Beaches (again)

Hi all I know this question must be asked time and time again but i am fairly new to this forum.

I am staying in candolim, Which is the nearest beach with a calm sea in which you can swim safely. With a couple of shacks of course for food and alcohol top ups. The swim before the alcohol

lol

Midlands
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches (again)

u will get loads of dif answers now to that Q but we like mandrem. still think u have to watch the sea though, i didnt go out too far where ever we went. The food was great there. fresh fish caught that day and cooked lovey. i can taste it now and u cud stay over night aswell

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches (again)

I'd agree with kezibean that Mandrem is a lot calmer for swimming and great food and shacks here. Its about 30 mins in a taxi and you can stay overnight.The undercurrent at the Candolim/Calangute/Baga stretch can be quite treacherous. One of my favouirite beaches up in the north is Little Vagator which has clear calm shallows great for swimming or just lying in and only about 20/25 mins away.

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,396 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches (again)

Yep, Mandrem, also Morjim. gets deep very gently too, quite safe for children i should think. well worth the 40 minute trip from Candolim.

BOB.

Edited: 26 February 2010, 19:05
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches (again)

Thanks for your advise every one. Sounds like Mandrem is the one to try

Thanks again. I will be on Mandrem beach this time next week proberbly on my second chilled large Kingfisher( if all goes to plan lol)

Greater London...
Level Contributor
393 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beaches (again)

We will also be there, 2 kings for us Lol !

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beaches (again)

Make sure you do try Little Vagator also it is lovely.

cardiff, s wales
Level Contributor
231 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beaches (again)

Vagator and also aswrem are both lovely, morjim and mandrem are nice too =) x

Lancs
Level Contributor
178 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beaches (again)

Try MANDRIM CAFE on Mandrim Beach .Was there in January/

Good food excellent service Nice and quite Not expensive

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,601 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Beaches (again)

We liked Morjim and found it calm in comparison to Candolim/Calangute.

Sunderland
Level Contributor
129 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beaches (again)

Sure there will be more idyllic beaches however we used beach and sea at the bottom of beach road in front of claudina's shack. Silk sand at the shore edge and never witnessed rough water other than the odd wave. We visited in Jan this year. Never felt the need to visit other beaches however every one will have a different opinion

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations