We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel adaptors

Sheffield UK
Level Contributor
52 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Travel adaptors

1st time in Candolim/Goa/Highland beach. What travel adaptors do i need? Also, my daughter wants to know if there are any pancake/crepe stalls?

Viceroy's Arch
Architectural Buildings, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Church of Our Lady Of Hope
Architectural Buildings, Sacred & Religious Sites, Churches & Cathedrals
Manchester UK
Level Contributor
429 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel adaptors

You just need the usual plug adapters (ie the two pronged ones you can buy at the airport). Can't think of any true crepe stalls (!) but every beach shack offers "pan cakes" with various topping choices. You name it, you can get it in Goa!

wrexham,wales
Level Contributor
460 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel adaptors

Hi,

When we stayed at the Highland a couple of years ago, there was no pancakes or waffles much to my sons disappoint. But maybe someone that has been recently can advise.

If i remember correctly, breakfast consisted of cereal, toast and lots of EGGS!!

There are plenty or places to eat breakfast out very reasonably priced as we did several times as the hotel gets quite busy in the mornings, waiting for tables to become vacant.

Overall we enjoyed our stay at the Highland and I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Have a fab holiday : )

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
842 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel adaptors

We have just returned from the Highland (11th March) stayed there twice now and overall its a good first time visit hotel.

Travel adaptor from the Elephant shop for 50 rupees.

Pancakes filled with mixed fruit and ice cream for lunch most days at one of the many shacks but no pancake/crepe stalls as such.

Enjoy your stay

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria, Alykes, Alykanas
Level Contributor
6,754 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel adaptors

Pancakes with freshly grated coconut then drizzled with honey, bloody lovely and available in many outlets !!!!

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,591 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel adaptors

Kev

Buy the adaptors when you are over there....most shops sell them and they fit better than the universal ones that you can buy..

Suffolk, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel adaptors

Sue's shop next to Highland Beach hotel sells adaptors and the ones you buy out there fit their sockets better than the ones you buy here.They stay in the wall socket without assistance. lol

7. Re: Travel adaptors

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations