We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

santana beach candolim

pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Topic
santana beach candolim

Hi ,Staying at the santana beach for two weeks from 15th April ,can anyone let me know if the hotel provides beach towels

Viceroy's Arch
Architectural Buildings, Points of Interest & Landmarks
The Cabo Palace
Points of Interest & Landmarks
midlands
Level Contributor
131 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: santana beach candolim

they supply them round the pool and if you go down to the calamari they rent them out for 50 rupes or so per day.

we usually pinch em from the pool and take them back after!

otherwise, buy one from outside the hotel for 150 rupes and chuck em at the end of the holidays!

see you round the bar, we arrive on the 17th april!

Edited: 05 April 2010, 23:27
Kent, UK
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: santana beach candolim

I didn't know you had to 'rent' them for the beach area. We just collected them each morning after breakfast and took them out with us all day. No-one ever said anything about it.

hereford
Level Contributor
450 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: santana beach candolim

The Calamari dont charge for beach towels, they just get handed to you when you choose your sunbed. Its a lovely hotel and Calamari is a great shack, have a lovely time

midlands
Level Contributor
131 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: santana beach candolim

@ roxeys mum,

you dont pay for them around the pool, pop to the calamari and have a look at the sign next to the stack of towels, then carefully check your bill at the end of the day.

i think you may be a little surprised next time!

@moles, yeah, we always do the same, every little helps!

Edited: 06 April 2010, 07:07
pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: santana beach candolim

hi Thanks for the info see you at the bar at the santana ,Im the one with the red hair ,were a party of three two women and one man [poor fella ] hope you have a good fligt ,we fly out of gatwick

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: santana beach candolim

Thats the Monarch flight is it? Just booked for my son and his wife a last minute deal flying from LGW on 15th, but they are staying in Calangute.

You will enjoy the Santana Hotel, it is lovely, and the Calamari. However the beach is almost non-existent there now.

Check out the Taylor there. In all the years we have been going to Goa, we have found him to be the best. Not the cheapest, but excellent value and quality.

midlands
Level Contributor
131 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: santana beach candolim

yeah, he must charge a bit coz i hardly ever see anyone there lol!

then again, i think the woman from finland? who always seems to be there spends enough to set him up for the year!

Midlands
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: santana beach candolim

we are just back from the Santanna and cant rate it high enough!!!

the beach is fine, just have to walk afew steps thats all. we stayed mostly at Monica shack and again highly rated.

cant imagine going down the other end of the beach as we only had one beach seller per day lol

be ware though its really hot and humid at the moment. but hey ho id be back today if i could. a;so check out "hollywood taylors" just out on the main road and turn left and they can b found across the road on the right. brilliant, drop our names and say hi from us (di and dave)

have a supa time

kezi

pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: santana beach candolim

Hi Kezi ,Thanks for the news on the Santana Hotel every one says its a great hotel but to have a upto date report is fab.We will head down to Monicas shack for a drink and a snack its nice to use the same shack as they get to know you ,Did you do any trips ,we usually like to do our own thing trip wise ,did you eat at the hotels beach shack? so excited cant wait for Thursday

10. Re: santana beach candolim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2010, 05:17