We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We're home!

wrexham,wales
Level Contributor
460 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
We're home!

Hi all,

We have just arrived home, after been stuck on a Monarch plane for 19 hours!! never again!!

Had a wonderful hoilday, was a little disappointed with the Whispering Palms moved to the Marina Doroada in Apora which we loved.

Met some lovely friends of here, MinxyManx, okitsme, stepsahead, gbtravellin, runtiger112, black999, janmau to name a few.

Spent some lovely evenings together with good company and good food!

Full report and pics to follow soon.

PS - A massive thank you to everyone who turned up at our meet, a fantastic evening.... : )

Viceroy's Arch
Architectural Buildings, Points of Interest & Landmarks
The Cabo Palace
Points of Interest & Landmarks
LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We're home!

Welcome back alimalone, what happened with the Monarch flight? Did'nt you find the Marinha Dorada too far from everything?

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We're home!

Glad you got home eventually Ali! What a journey eh!!

chat soon

Rachel

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,716 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We're home!

Welcome back alimalone. Look forward to reading your full report when you've recovered :-)

northampton
Level Contributor
754 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: We're home!

Welcome home alimalone. I hope you are having a lovely sleep!

Midlands
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: We're home!

that only seemed like yesterday that u were going! glad u back safe x

london
Level Contributor
567 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: We're home!

Hi Ali,so glad you had a great holiday after all the stress before you went,can`t wait to hear all about it.And yes the marinha dourada is a fantastic hotel.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,704 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: We're home!

Welcome back alimalone. Glad you had a wonderful holiday but doesn't the time fly by?!!!

Greenford, Middx.
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: We're home!

hellooooooo Ali.

WOW .... that was a holiday & a half.

Great meeting you, not once but 3 times.

Feels good to be home.

wrexham,wales
Level Contributor
460 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: We're home!

Thanks all.... had a wonderful time.

Welcome home Steps glad you all back safely, had a wonderful time meeting up with you all......x

Hi Stalex, no the Marina was in an excellant position for us. So quiet but only 100 rupees if you want to get into Baga for all the hussle and bustle. We loved it there, the hotel was spotless and the staff so pleasant they could'nt do enough to help. I think we will definately be returning there.

sunderland
Level Contributor
93 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: We're home!

Ali you told me you thoroughly enjoyed the five hours on the tarmac in dubai after losing a stone in weight and trying to replace the fluid lost with the warm glasses of water being provided.i think the rubbish info the captain gave us on the morning was just that as ive read a report from someone on the previous flight that they were on the ground in dubai for the same five hours.

Apart from that it was great meeting you and my namesake and e few more trip advisor members whilst out in goa as you saw i enjoyed my holiday including the 8 day extension and meeting up with lyndsay,anne,and dee.

hope to see you there again and until then stay safe

all the best blackcat999 (geoff)

Get answers to your questions about Candolim