We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marquis Beach

Which Candolim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Derby, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
Marquis Beach

Can anyone tell me which end of the beach this hotel is plz? if it's the end of the river princess, how close?

Thanks

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,863 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marquis Beach

As far as I know, this is at the Sinquerim end of the beach, which is quite badly eroded:

tripadvisor.co.uk/…28436618

It's actually past the River Princess but that's where the most damage to the beach has been done.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Marquis Beach

cheers, that's that one out of the question!

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,863 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marquis Beach

Jaye

we stay at the Santana which is at the Sinquerim end of the beach, I'm not sure how far the Marquis is from the Santana but we tend to walk on the beach towards the centre of Candolim where the ship hasn't impacted on the beach and use one of the shacks there.

I'd rather have a good hotel but have to walk a bit further than be in the centre of things but not have such good accommodation - IYSWIM.

What are the reviews for the Marquis like?

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Marquis Beach

not bad reviews but mainly from Indian travellers

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
897 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marquis Beach

We stayed at Marquis Beach a few fews ago..before all the erosion!! We had a pool facing room and it was quite nice...I liked it, but didn't love it..Never stayed there again, but i certainly would recommend it if u could get a good deal, i liked the atmosphere...And the staff were really nice..Rooms were average, but still nice..Apparently they have added on new rooms, but they are facing the road..Lemon Tree is quite nice...I just booked 9 nights in February at a great deal, and am quite happy with it...Stayed there a few years ago also, and they have nicer rooms than the Marquis , and a nice pool and bar..In Candolim..Check it out!!

6. Re: Marquis Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2011, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations