We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa Costs !!

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,411 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Visa Costs !!

The Visa has gone up so much over the past few years. I have just heard from a friend in Candolim a local lad, he says this has not done the tourist industries any favours. I think this visa should be wiped out or a free 30 day one introduced as in Sri Lanka. This would be a benefit to India as more would go. At the moment there are many Russians and by the sounds of it not so welcome.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,931 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa Costs !!

Bladesboy

What do you mean about 'gone up so much over the past few years'?

We paid £30 each for our 6 month mulitple entry tourist visa back in 2004 and it's still the same price now, although you do have to pay the £9.05 admin fee to VFS since the out-sourcing.

So even taking that into account at a cost of £39.05 it's slightly less than a 5% increase year-on-year over 6 years (and I don't know how long it had been £30 before 2004).

I think if anything has not done the tourist industry any good it's the 2 month visa rule.

I also think we'd all like to see a 'visa on arrival' for Goa but unfortunately, that's not our decision to make.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,411 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa Costs !!

Hi Prettypollycat,

I was looking at several posts were it has stated £55 for the visa. I have just had an email from Goa were a local lad said he has seen a drop in British tourists and a rise in Russians. As you said it would be a benefit if the visa on arrival was issued. I last paid £30 about 5 years ago, I could be going over in Feb.So looking into a new visa.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,931 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa Costs !!

Bladesboy

Anybody who's paid more than the £30 + £9.05 admin fee has probably used an agency.

If you go through the company that are the official out-sourced company (VFS) it will cost you £39.05 (£30 for the visa plus the VFS handling fee).

All agencies who say they will get visas for you still have to go through the same VFS process that anyone can do on their own. They will charge you the £39.05 PLUS their handling charge.

Of course, it's fine to use an agency if you decide that's the best option for you - but do be aware that there are a number of agencies (one of which looks VERY 'official' and has no obvious mention that it is an agency that charges additional fees) that come up on Google.

For anyone who doesn't want to pay any more than necessary for an Indian visas, here is the OFFICIAL website:

http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
300 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa Costs !!

Hi

I paid £55; however that is because I took my visa form and passport along to my local travel agent and they do the rest for you – this fee includes the agent delivering my passport complete with visa back to my door. For a peace of mind I think it is money well spent, I do realise it is a little more expensive

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,931 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa Costs !!

Justamazing

Considering that our total costs of getting 2 visas were:

£30 x 2 Visa

£9.05 x 2 Admin fee

£5.50 x 2 Special Delivery envelope

= £89.10 and your costs would be £110.00 for 2, it sounds like a good service and maybe I'd consider that option if it were close to me.

One agency charges the £39.05 PLUS a handling charge of £35.00 per application.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
300 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa Costs !!

Hi

The service is excellent, they check your forms take your money and the rest is up to them. I am not sure if by posting their details is classed as advertising, however, here are their details – if the details get deleted I understand - www.astrotravel.co.uk they are based on Chorley Old Road Bolton.

Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
482 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa Costs !!

Hi I use Astro travel in Bolton and pay £55.00. - like you say they sort out the forms and as i have mentioned before, this time we didnt have to fill in the form as they had kept on their data base, just changed one or two things and signed it. We then picked them up a week later and that was it - dont mind paying the bit extra!!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa Costs !!

I first went to Goa in 1997 and, as far as I remember, it was £30 then!

Nottingham UK
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Visa Costs !!

It's not the cost...I don't mind paying the "TAX" as such (and let's be right...that's exactly what it is)...it's the friggin' hassle that does my head in...let's have a "Visa TAX" on arrival please...why not just drop the pretence and do it?? It works in other countries for Chrissake.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,411 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Visa Costs !!

Thats correct Goanbound. The hassle getting the dam visa. I once had to go to Birmingham twice in two days. That is both of us. The que was massive.

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations