We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Teeth whitening

Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
489 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Teeth whitening

Just another thought : -

What are people's thoughts on "teeth whitening" in Goa? anyone had this done? anyone recomend it? anyone NOT recomend it? anyone recomend a dentist in Goa that is good and does it?

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,858 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Teeth whitening

Not had it done but I went to the dentist in Cavelossim and lots of people having teeth whitening done, plus botox (at a dentist??), and crowns etc. Teeth looked very good, we spoke to a couple of people who reckoned it was worth having it done.

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
143 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Teeth whitening

I wouldn't mind getting it done too. How much is it now?

One problem I can see is having to lay off the curry for some time after. How long is it? Cheers!!

dumfries scotland
Level Contributor
145 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Teeth whitening

My wife and I had ours done the last time we were there in 2007.

We used Carvalhos Dental clinic in Cavelossim and would recommend anyone in the area to use, it's run by Varun and Blanche who are very friendly and welcoming.

We both went for the BriteSmile Whitening System costing approx £70 each which was great value for money as when priced back in the UK it was at-least £300 at my own NHS dentist!!

The procedure of getting it done was a little painful and you were in the chair for about 45mins with gum shield in and the laser doing its stuff to your teeth. The results were well worth it though.

When we finished and headed back to meet up with my parents they couldn't believe the difference in them. For the rest off that day and night every so often you would get a sharp painful sensation in your teeth when the hot or cold air hit them. Sounds painful but when looking back it was quite funny seeing us getting the pain as I would laugh at my wife when it happened to her and almost instantly the same would happen to me!!

As for laying off the curry I didn't, I had 1 on the same nite as I got them done and never had a problem.

My teeth have remained whiter than they were before getting it done but will probably need done again. But that's not bad considering it was 3 years since we had it done.

Hope this helps.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Teeth whitening

Hi Craig

I hope you dont mind me asking but how long did the random pain last? I have really sensitive teeth as it is and I get that sensation when the cold air hits my teeth now. I would love my teeth whitened but I dont want to be in loads of pain!

Cheers,

Jo x

dumfries scotland
Level Contributor
145 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Teeth whitening

Hi Jo,

The pain (well wasnt that painful more annoying but funny for people to watch) lasted about 24hours. Not that long considering our teeth are still in good condition 3years down the line. You should get it done well worth the money and small amount of pain.

Craig

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Teeth whitening

I had BriteSmile treatment a few years ago in Calangute, I felt a small amount of pain (the type of sharp pain you can get when you eat something really cold) for abot 3 mins during the treatment and nothing after at all. However, I had a friend who had to stop the treatment half way through as it was too painful for her. So, I guess it will be different for everyone.

Had to eat & drink 'white or clear' things for 24hrs after.

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Teeth whitening

hi a guy we know had it done 2 years ago 120 pounds WITH the after cleaning kit,,,he said no probs

8. Re: Teeth whitening

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations