We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone any idea's for getting a 2 yr old to sleep on flight

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
126 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone any idea's for getting a 2 yr old to sleep on flight

I know this sounds bit pathetic but I have four children. 22, 19, 5 and almost 2.

Going on 25th Jan with two little one's. Not a prob, however the 2 yr old is a little demon, extremely hard work. Does anyone have any ideas or knows any meds that can make him sleep.

He is an absolute 1 off.

Booked Hol an age ago thinking its now gonna be too hard work.

Sensible replies only, Lol

Felixstowe, United...
Level Contributor
3,683 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone any idea's for getting a 2 yr old to sleep on flight

I do not know what time of day you are flying , but many of the flights to Goa leave in the evening, this could mean that he will sleep for some of the trip anyway.I would make really sure i did not allow him a day time nap,so he is really wacked out and hope for the best. Other than that there is the old fashioned remedy of a spoonfull of gin!!!.

In the days i brought my children up ,the threat of a good smack of the backside unles they were quiet, worked wonders to.

bulgaria
Level Contributor
148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone any idea's for getting a 2 yr old to sleep on flight

take his pj's with you and change for bed time.calpol is safe to give him and may calm him down a little.

i hope you manage ok

Bristol UK
Level Contributor
986 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone any idea's for getting a 2 yr old to sleep on flight

Hi

Charles, Anne, Edward and Andrew... not pathetic at all!

Will he keep headphones on - so he can have his fav Jungle Book song or whatever on endless repeat from an mp3 player?

Bo,ness Scotland
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone any idea's for getting a 2 yr old to sleep on flight

Take a Man utd DVD for you personal DVD player. Soon get bored and fall asleep. Then threaten him if he wakes up that if he dont go back to sleep you'll play it again

Works all the time

Paulbtbs

London
Level Contributor
596 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone any idea's for getting a 2 yr old to sleep on flight

Feel sorry for you, plus the 20 odd people who will be sitting near you on the plane. I thought that there was something in cough remedies that was well known amongst teachers taking pupils away on trips; was it Night Nurse?

Also some anti histamine tablets make you drowsy.

Not that I am condoning giving hard core drugs to 2 year olds or anything.

rastrick
Level Contributor
1,319 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone any idea's for getting a 2 yr old to sleep on flight

cut out all red food colourings from his food pop etc

aldershot u.k
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone any idea's for getting a 2 yr old to sleep on flight

Have a chat with yóur doctor and explain the situation they will usually help.

Make sure you get enough for coming home.

South Yorkshire, UK
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone any idea's for getting a 2 yr old to sleep on flight

Hi, our little boy was 2 in october n we flew to Goa end of Nov, first choice flights were nightime flights n he flopped before we boarded then woke up once we got on the plane, we packed a trunkie with toys he'd never seen before, some were just from poundland but the best was a woody from toy story, 20 quid from disey store, best money we ever spent, he tired himself out playing then with the help of our old friend calpol he slept for 6 n half hours! Comin home he slept for 7 n half hours - the pressure was on as both check in staff said he was the only child on the plane! But he was fine (and he's a livewire!) so much so we are booked to go back on 20th March - hope this gives you some hope, good luck! P.S take some sachets of calpol for the plane as they are funny about you taking the bottled kind through customs :-)

South Yorkshire, UK
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone any idea's for getting a 2 yr old to sleep on flight

P.S just thought of another tip, don't know if you have a psp? But my husband put some of our sons fave dvds (films, kids stuff like balamory etc.) on his psp and it kept him entertained for ages - he also liked the earphones and the cartoon film they showed on the plane for a while too.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone any idea's for getting a 2 yr old to sleep on flight

that is a very long way to take a very small child, especially to a place that is rife with typhoid and malaria,and even most adults get the dreaded delhi belly,i hope they have all the required injections.but i do hope you a great time

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations