We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help - any last minute top tips. Best shacks at Sinquerim??

leeds, england
Level Contributor
526 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Help - any last minute top tips. Best shacks at Sinquerim??

Hello all,

Flying out on honeymoon on Friday 28th - 3 more sleeps!!!! Staying at the Sinquerim end of the beach. Any recommendations for the best shacks at that end of the beach please. Have done lots of research on here but not sure about walking distances etc. Got my torch and my extension lead ( both tips from TA)

Really looking forward to my first time in Goa woo hoo. Thanks in advance for all replies. Monarch flight from Manchester here we come. Yay xxx

Viceroy's Arch
Architectural Buildings, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Church of Our Lady Of Hope
Architectural Buildings, Sacred & Religious Sites, Churches & Cathedrals
Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help - any last minute top tips. Best shacks at Sinquerim??

Dont forget to ask if there will be a charge for using the sunbeds before you use them! Most shacks dont charge if you are eating/drinking, but 1 or 2 will try and charge you if you dont ask first!

To get from Candolim to Callangute, use the buses, 5 rupees each.

Hope you have a great holiday and enjoy your first trip to Goa.

Susie.x

Goa, India
Level Contributor
540 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Help - any last minute top tips. Best shacks at Sinquerim??

The beach erosion caused by the River Princess means that there are very few shacks at the Sinquerim end of the beach, and those that do exist have very little space. Your choices improve if you walk along the beach (easy enough at low tide, but can be tricky at high tide) at least as far as Calamari, beyond which are many many shacks.

Be VERY careful if you swim the sea at this end of the beach - the grounded ship has affected the currents.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
9,034 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help - any last minute top tips. Best shacks at Sinquerim??

Troutie

I'm not exactly sure where your hotel is but I think it's even nearer to Fort Aguada than the hotel we often stay at (Santana).

Years ago there used to be beach shacks all the way up to the Fort Aguada Beach Resort but there hasn't been many on that stretch of beach for a few years now because of the erosion caused by the River Princess.

There's now a large reef that's been uncovered because of the sand shifting, Last time I walked that way there was a 4 foot jump down onto the sands or you could wade through the sea round it.

That might cause you problems walking along the beach from your hotel.

Staying at the Santana, we come onto the beach at Calamari beach shack and walk towards the centre of Candolim to lots of beach shacks further up.

Alternatively, you could stay at your end of the beach and use any number of shacks (Calamari included which is good).

You could even get a taxi or tuktuk towards the centre of Candolim or even further North.

West Yorks
Level Contributor
118 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help - any last minute top tips. Best shacks at Sinquerim??

Hi troutie

Congrats on your recent marrige... Ryans shack just past the life guard station further up towards candolim is very good I'm sure wherever you decide on you'll love it...Enjoy

Midlands
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help - any last minute top tips. Best shacks at Sinquerim??

hi guys 0 many congrats!

just afew down from calamari is monica shack-lovely family and fresh fruit salad huge and wonderful,also the chicken noodles are fab! walk towards candolim and u wont miss it. have a wonderful time x

6. Re: Help - any last minute top tips. Best shacks at Sinquerim??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2012, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Candolim