We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is at the airport waiting for MON 6328

Which Candolim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
leeds, england
Level Contributor
526 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
Is at the airport waiting for MON 6328

Woo hoo - here we are at Manchester airport. All checked in and relaxing in the Escape Lounge at terminal 1. Due to take off at 16.15. Candolim here we come!!!!!!! Am well giddy.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
3,986 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is at the airport waiting for MON 6328

Happy Honeymoon! Spend those rupees wisely .....

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,876 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is at the airport waiting for MON 6328

Looking pretty good for you, Troutie, it's due out on time.

It's also looking positive for people flying MON2490 tomorrow at 18:50 from Gatwick as the plane you're on returns from Goa into Manchester as MON6329 & then goes down to Gatwick for the MON2490 flight.

Hope you have a great holiday.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is at the airport waiting for MON 6328

Hope you have a great honeymoon

P S we here too!

leeds, england
Level Contributor
526 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is at the airport waiting for MON 6328

yay - am sooooo excited. had a couple of cheeky gins. now just want to wriggle my nose like samantha on bewitched used to do ( that tells u my age - more mature lass ) and be in Goa in the sunshine!!!!!!!.

thanks for all good wishes for a happy honeymoon xxxxxxxx

manchester
Level Contributor
845 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Is at the airport waiting for MON 6328

Happy Honeymoon to you both. We will be on this flight 6 weeks today..save us a sunbed

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,460 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is at the airport waiting for MON 6328

I'm at the airport too troutie, had a very straightfoward journey across the Pennines & got here just before check in opened. I've just been tucking in to my Boots meal deal - cheapskate lol. Hope you have a fabulous honeymoon.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
3,986 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is at the airport waiting for MON 6328

,,,, and another happy holiday message going out to Gemma1 & OH

Belfast
Level Contributor
440 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Is at the airport waiting for MON 6328

Toutie

Happy Honeymoon to you both have a super time and all the best in married life to you your so lucky to be on your way to Goa ...colleen

manchester
Level Contributor
845 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Is at the airport waiting for MON 6328

Sorry mised the bit about gemma1 hols..happy holiday to you both too

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is at the airport waiting for MON 6328

Oooooh happy honeymoon Troutie and a very happy Holiday too Gemma.

Troutie, as you are on your honeymoon thought you might like to read part of an old thread of mine whilst sipping that next G&T (go on have another, you are on holiday) ..........

“Dec 2000 our daughter and son-in-law were getting married and our wedding present to them was their honeymoon. Neither had been outside of Europe before but they fancied Goa having seen many of our photos and having heard many of our stories. Urgh ...... we felt pretty sure son-in-law would love it but were panicking about our daughter. Anyway we booked them into the Whispering Palms ‘All-Inc’ so at least if they hated Goa they could stay within the confines of the hotel and eat and drink themselves silly.

First panic was the letter from the travel agent in the October to say a large tanker had been beached in Candolim during the monsoon (our dearly beloved River Princess of course) and they were offered the Dona Terrazina in Calangute as an alternative, which they decided to take.

Day one they took a tuk-tuk to the beach and were dropped at the Calangute steps and the place of course was heaving. Well as the story goes daughter burst into tears and they were back in the tranquil setting of their hotel by the next available tuk-tuk!

Day two they decided to go take a look at the beached tanker in Candolim so a tuk-tuk took them down what was then a much quieter lane past Whispering Palms to the beach. They walked down to the beach and happened upon Ganesh’s shack which of course 10 years ago was nothing like it is today (think it was his first year actually???) and he looked after them wonderfully of course.

From day three they loved it and now, 10 years and 2 children later, they still rave fondly about Goa and would be back there in a heartbeat with the children if they could afford it.

In addition to daughter’s tears on arrival at the Calangute steps on day one I am pretty sure I saw tears in son-in-law’s eyes on Xmas Eve when we arrived at their hotel to surprise them. Well Daddy hoped his baby girl would be OK but we had to go out to Goa ourselves (any excuse) just to make sure! Poor son-in-law wasn’t expecting to share week two of his honeymoon with the in-laws!!!!”

Have a great time

x

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations