We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ladies beware.

Bridlington, United...
Level Contributor
679 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Ladies beware.

As the OH has got a birthday while we are here, she said she fancied a Spa day. She has spent a lot of time going round different places over the last 4 weeks and decided Nainas on the main road looked the most professional, she booked and agreed on a price of R2000. There was supposed to be a massage, steam and body wrap taking 90 mins. The massage was not too bad but she says she feels bruised this morning. She has had several massages over the years we have been coming here and never felt so bruised. The steam was done by a young girl holding a domestic wallpaper stripper which she kept getting too close and the body wrap was just a few pieces of cling film, about 6 inches square, pulled off a roll and placed on her body, she was then left lying under a cold fan until she could stand the draught no longer and got up. The woman then came back to her and asked if she was 'nice and hot' and seemed very surprised when OH said no. The woman then just said get your clothes on, that will be R2000 as we agreed.

She now wishes she had gone to a cheaper one down the road for R650.

Sugar Shack
Other Food & Drink
Church of Our Lady Of Hope
Architectural Buildings, Sacred & Religious Sites, Churches & Cathedrals
The Cabo Palace
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Cheltenham, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ladies beware.

Thank you for the warning.

On a different note,it would be nice if someone could post a reputable spa treatment.As i may treat the wife when we arrive.

London, United...
Level Contributor
441 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ladies beware.

HDOD - check out Snip Salon and Spa near the Day Tripper office. I went there on Thursday to get my air coloured and I was so impressed with the place I ended up getting a cut, colour and a pedicure.

If I'd realised all the spa stuff they do too I'd have planned to stay longer and treated myself some more. Would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone. I read their guest book while I waited to be seen and there were lots of comments about the spa (massages etc) that they offer. I'll definitely be checking them out again next time I'm there.

Midlands
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ladies beware.

ldngal-is that on the main candolim road ????

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ladies beware.

LDNgal....

How much did u pay plz??

Susie.x

Hereford, United...
Level Contributor
1,289 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ladies beware.

Snips is on the opposite side of the road from Daytripper going towards Candolim it has a has a large glass frontage which you can't miss. It is a very professional salon and the prices are more than the beach 'skin slappers' When you go inside there is a price list card on the desk which you can take away and decide what you want. They are very giood and the hairdressers as good as any in UK at a lot less expense.

Edited: 30 January 2011, 07:32
Mentioned in this post
Candolim
Candolim
Bardez, India
Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
3,942 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ladies beware.

I love Snips. I know that they are expensive for Goa but they are very professional. I have a price list somewhere, I'll see if I can dig it out.

My recollection is that a pedicure is around 800 Rs. Now by pedicure I don't mean some bad paint job on the toenails like you get on the beach. It takes over an hour with all cuticles done, hard skin removed, a face pack type thing and a leg massage, as well as a very good paint job on the toenails.

Their spa treatments are upwards of 2,000 Rs but I imagine they are very good. I don't really do massages so have never tried them.

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
London, United...
Level Contributor
441 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ladies beware.

I have a current price list - I'll grab it in a bit (I'm still trying to unpack and do laundry!) and update you all with prices.

The pedicure was 800 Rs and the hair cut was 900 Rs (she did a really good job) and the hair colour was a more expensive option at 1900 Rs. The hair colouring prices start at 600 Rs, I think, but the cost depends on your hair lenght, volume and the type of dye you want.

I went for a no chemical dye so it was a pricey option, I could have had a cheaper one though. The way I look at it I paid £30 for my last trim in London and the last time my hair was coloured in a salon in London I paid £42 and that was with a 25% discount. So, for just over £50 I got all of the above, which is pretty good in my book.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
9,125 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ladies beware.

OV11

Sorry to hear wife had a bad experience but thanks for the warning.

I'm very interested to hear good reports about Snip Salon as I've always fancied a PROPER massage but am very reluctant to use somewhere that's not recommended.

A price list would be great, Katie, when you have time.

I must admit it looks the real deal from the outside, I always use it as the marker for the bus stop at Daytrippers.

London, United...
Level Contributor
441 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ladies beware.

Haicuts for women (men are cheaper)

Senior stylist: 700

Top stylist: 900 (prices includes straight blowdry. Style blowdry is 200 extra)

Wash and blowdry: 700

Colour

Haircolour: 600 onwards

Highlights: 1000 onwards

Massage

Asian head massage. Head, neck, shoulders and hands: 800 (45 mins)

Foot reflexology. Based on pressure points: 1000 (1hour)

Indonesian massage. A deep tissue oil massage: 2000 (1hour)

Aromatherapy massage. A soothing oil massage: 2000 (1hour)

Thai massage. Dry massage based on yoga: 2000 (1hour)

Shiatsu Japanese massage. Dry acupressure massage: 2000 (1hour)

Bestseller (apparently!)

Aroma spirit massage. The melting cream from an exotic wine and liqueur flaovoured grapeseed moisturiser candle is used in this massage to reverse the skins aging process. Pure luxury to make you feel on top of the world: 3500 (1hr 30mins)

London, United...
Level Contributor
441 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ladies beware.

There's also a hot stone massage for 3800 for 1 hour 30mins.

If anyone is interested in prices of facials, body scrubs, or face and body packages let me know and I can let you know the prices of those too.