We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

somewhere just for a drink

wales uk
Level Contributor
237 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
somewhere just for a drink

does anyone know if there is somewhere you can go just for drink without having to order food

Heckmondwike, West...
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: somewhere just for a drink

There are plenty of bars and restaurants in Candolim and you don't have to order food, you can just have a drink. Best to have a wander round and just nip into a few places then you can decide which you like.

DebyC

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: somewhere just for a drink

Hi phoebe

I agree with DebyC - you don't have to order food anywhere if you just want a drink. Since most places in Goa are "restobars", they'll automatically offer you a menu as well. Just decline politely!

A nice new bar to try is Vapor - next door to "TravelBar" on the Calangute / Candolim road. Nice place, with a good selection of drinks at ok prices.

Hope this helps.

Wolf

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,543 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: somewhere just for a drink

Any shack, most hotels, even in a lot of restaurants that are not fine dining or you could just go in a bar or pub also Anjuna and the night markets

Where are you staying?

Staffs
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: somewhere just for a drink

Yes.. The nearest thing to our pubs, just for a drink, is The Teama at the bottom of beach road just opp. the H.B.R. There is a rest. upstairs, but they dont bother you. Its a friendly place and very popular....

aldershot u.k
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: somewhere just for a drink

Bending bamboos had stools at the bar if you just want a drink they would probably offer you a menu as a matter of course but that way at last you won't feel bad about declining.

The Haveli opposite the Lemon Tree we have sat many a time just drinks its up to you and some nights they have live music. (once a week they have Karaoke)

Blackpool
Level Contributor
425 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: somewhere just for a drink

there's a bar above the chinese restaurant on the corner of candolim beach road, usually english quizzes etc going on, and quite cheapas well

Wakefield
Level Contributor
220 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: somewhere just for a drink

The best Bar that I have found and end up in most nights is Patrice’s on the main road above the hand bag shop opp the mango tree it’s a good drink and cheep it as a tv for the foot ball we will be in next week

Essex
Level Contributor
304 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: somewhere just for a drink

Patrice is actually called Pattricks (spelling error not mine, but their signwriters). It is owned by Patrick who also owns the Mango Grove. Avoid Patricks if you don't want to be bothered by football - it is turning into a sports bar! Mango also pleased just to serve drinks and if you get a front seat, is nice to use to watch the world go by.

england
Level Contributor
214 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: somewhere just for a drink

I think you should have said is there anywhere I can,t get a drink without food!............ Cheers.........

wales uk
Level Contributor
237 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: somewhere just for a drink

thanks to you all never been to goa before so its nice to know what is about and where to go off there for easter looking forward

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations