We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Really sad, I know

Manchester
Level Contributor
65 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Really sad, I know

Can anyone tell me, can I use my hair straightners in Goa, been all over and in most places they wont work. If not I can cope (not a sad git) but can at least be prepared ............

Viceroy's Arch
Architectural Buildings, Points of Interest & Landmarks
The Cabo Palace
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Really sad, I know

i've used mine, the only problem is 10 minutes later you wondered why you bothered.

sharon

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
256 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Really sad, I know

Hi

I took mine last time and they worked (2009)....as long as you plug them in the 2 pin,,,But I found I needed my hair up it was that hot. Only used them once.

K

blackpool
Level Contributor
66 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Really sad, I know

Hi there... My honest opinion is that it is a waste of time taking them. With the heat and humidity your hair style won't last long. My friend came with me in November and gave up trying almost immediately. Haven't taken mine for years. Honestly once you are there, straightening your hair will be the last thing on your mind. Happy hols.x

Manchester
Level Contributor
65 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Really sad, I know

Thanks for that, perhaps I should go shorter or grow a little x

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,550 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Really sad, I know

I use my dual voltage straighteners without any problems in Goa. However, depending on which month you're going you may find that due to the humidity your hair isn't quite as straight by the end of the night.

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,843 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Really sad, I know

My hair is just permanently frizzy in Goa. I do start off drying it with a dryer, and I've tried straighteners, but it's just not worth the effort!

Manchester
Level Contributor
65 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Really sad, I know

Going in April when I believe it is very hot. Will probably not bother if its not worth it. Bad hair days here we come .........................

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,550 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Really sad, I know

I wouldn't bother in April. We usually go January/February and my hair stayed straight most of the time on our last trip but I wouldn't take my straighteners if I was going in April.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
215 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Really sad, I know

try a brazilian blow dry, takes all the frizz from the hair and relaxes the hair, lasts about 3 months and you can wash and just blast dry, with no frizz, even in the high humidity!

David

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
406 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Really sad, I know

I took mine in january, used them once then never bothered after that haha

leave them at home!! x

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations