We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Restaurants this season

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Best Restaurants this season

Hi all,

As the title says, just looking for any replies as to what the best restaurants you found this season were (for all types of food & price ranges).

I know they change from season to season & are all personal preference, but would love to get some ideas to add to mine & my mum's list. Oh, & if you could include a rough idea of prices too for a newbie that would be great :)

Thanks for any replies,

Ang

Viceroy's Arch
Architectural Buildings, Points of Interest & Landmarks
The Cabo Palace
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Restaurants this season

Hi Ang

One of my favourites this season has to be The Tibetan Kitchen in Calangute. Awesome food, cheap prices - the best ever fish tikka Rs110.

Yum!

Wolf

manchester uk
Level Contributor
2,282 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Restaurants this season

Yes I agree with Wolf...the biggest Kingfish you've ever seen for inr 240 with chips and salad...it beat me and had to take it home for the dogs at our apartment..Souzo lobo again the fish was the dogs... Nicks place..and the cheapest and very good food Viva Goa...worst place imo was fishermans cove and jambalaya.

Edited: 01 May 2011, 17:39
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Restaurants this season

Thanks for the replies:) If I jump on a bus from Candolim, roughly where would I need to get off to find it?

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Restaurants this season

If you head towards the "steps" on Calangute beach, you'll find it on the left hand side, just past The Public Bar.

Enjoy!

Wolf

Bristol UK
Level Contributor
995 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Restaurants this season

Hi

For me best means being friendly with the owner/manager so that you can discuss what their chef particularly recommends on that particular day, and not choose something they can't do justice to ;-)

This last March two restaurants where that happened were Over The Flames (on main road Candolim/Calangute border) and Steve's Corner, which is a sort of permanent shack (on the beach road behind Whispering Palms, Candolim). Over The Flames is more up-market - not necessarily expensive. unless you want it to be.

Apart from that I ate very well at Fisherman's Cove (by Candolim market), and at Ocean Beach Cafe? (forget exact name) next to Inferno on Candolim Beach Rd.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Restaurants this season

Thanks all:) Great tip PDix, will have to remember that one.

north wales
Level Contributor
2,116 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Restaurants this season

hi PDix could you let me know what steves corner was like ,we stay at sunset beach but we never tried it ,maybe next year if its good ,thanks.

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
397 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Restaurants this season

Was in the tibetan kitchen in feb 2 cockroachs ran over my shoulders a saw one of the biggest rats ive seen in goa so i wont be going again

manchester uk
Level Contributor
2,282 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Restaurants this season

Delonbeach you get cockroach's and rats everywhere but that didn't spoil my KIngfish but there again they weren't crawling over me.....and is that to the Tibetan Kitchen or Goa? that you won't be going again ?because wherever you go in Goa that's what you get.....and good food...

Edited: 01 May 2011, 19:43
Surrey
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Restaurants this season

Bomra in Candolim is amazing and Kim Faa in Baga, which has been consistantly good for the past 10 + years.