We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone flown Birmingham to Goa?

Which Candolim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone flown Birmingham to Goa?

I've been on the Monarch flight in the past - in my opinion not that pleasant, but also not the horror show I've read about elsewhere on thsi site.

I've flown 1st Choice and agree they are very good.

This time I'm going Brittania from Birmingham, but I can't find any info on this site. Any info will be gratefully received...

Cheers,

Dan

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
843 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone flown Birmingham to Goa?

I'm going to goa from birmingham in march and have pre booked my seats with brittania we have 2 seats on our own I think I paid about £20 each

london
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone flown Birmingham to Goa?

Hi George

Don't understand what you mean by 'I think I paid about £20 each'

Aldershot
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone flown Birmingham to Goa?

I flew brittania from gatwick to goa last year, it wasn't luxury I grant you but by the time we flew into goa, landed, cleared the airport neccessities and got to our hotel it was quickly forgotten! A couple of Kingfishers and a bit of Goan magic and the the flight is quickly disregarded!!!

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
843 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone flown Birmingham to Goa?

oh sorry I paid £20 each to pre book the seats on the flight

MANCHESTER UK
Level Contributor
384 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone flown Birmingham to Goa?

We went from Birmingham at Xmas. Flight OK and direct, unlike most Manchester flights. We paid for extra legroom £35 each each way (£140) well worth it!

Also beware of being overweight on your luggage. They were charging £8 a kg. One girl on her own with no hand luggage paid £ 40 for suitcase 24.5 Kgs!!

Check in opens about 10.15pm.

Enjoy!

England
Level Contributor
272 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone flown Birmingham to Goa?

Britannia are about the same as all the rest, but the seats are extremely narrow, be prepared to wedge yourself into your seat if you are above a size 14 !

Coventry, UK
Level Contributor
2,976 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone flown Birmingham to Goa?

We flew from Brum in November. Main thing to note was that everything shuts at midnight.

So if you have a very early morning flight, dont expect to do much shopping or much to eat or drink. The one bar open had very limited food- sausage egg and chips or nothing. Might be an idea to pack sandwiches if you have a long wait.

hertfordshire
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone flown Birmingham to Goa?

We flew from Birmingham on Thomsonfly. Our flight wasn't until 1.45am in the morning and apart from duty free and a couple of bars, nothing was open. There is quite a bit of building work going on there too. There was slightly more leg room than Monarch but not much in it.

WORCESTERSHIRE
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone flown Birmingham to Goa?

We have just returned from Goa flying to Birmingham with Brittania. We arrived Goa 10 mins early and got back 20 mins late. Very comfortable flight with excellent in flight entertainment and food . Time went really quickly.

Evesham, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone flown Birmingham to Goa?

I went at Christmas from Brum to Goa, non-stop and a good flight - Thomsons. Going again next week, but flying from Gatwick as cheaper deal.

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations