We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ladies Hairdressers in Candolim

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
567 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Ladies Hairdressers in Candolim

Can any ladies on ta recommend a hairdressers in Candolim please,

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
850 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ladies Hairdressers in Candolim

try Snips salon and spa, it is on the main Candolim-Calangute road on the left hand side just by Daytrippers office. Have to get a taxi from Candolim, they also do manicures and pedicures.

Felixstowe, United...
Level Contributor
3,684 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ladies Hairdressers in Candolim

Be very carefull before you let someone cut your hair, some are not used to our type of hair and I have seen a few mess ups over the years,a wash and blow dry is fine. There used to be a hippy chap (from europe)work in a salon down Tito's road in Baga who was really good , I used him when we stayed long term. I am unsure if he is still there, trimmed my own last year!!!!.Better than some Indian hairdressers.

You can get lucky though and get a good one .nothing is better than a personal recomendation, from another forum member.

Oxfordshire
Level Contributor
504 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ladies Hairdressers in Candolim

vurda was it the Russian guy ? On the right up Titos road. He used to cut hair really good but was only allowed a 3 month visa last season and seemed to spend 2 months travelling India then came down to Goa and only worked a few days a week and was solid booked up.His prices was about 1200rs a cut but well worth it.

I used Snips last year and it was Philippine girls and to be honest the cut was awful. I have tried so many hairdressers in Goa and not found a good one yet apart from the Russian guy.

I remember seeing on a board in Panjim once where it advertised "Learn hairdressing in 1 week " Think they have all been to that.

If any Uk person can cut hair and they are going to Goa they would end up not having to pay for their holiday as i for sure would have mine done.

Edited: 07 August 2011, 18:04
Oxfordshire
Level Contributor
504 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ladies Hairdressers in Candolim

vurda oops Russia is not in Europe so it wasnt the guy i was thinking of.

London, United...
Level Contributor
714 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ladies Hairdressers in Candolim

thats funny...learn hairdressing in a week.....

snips is good and thats from a hairdresser

manchester uk
Level Contributor
2,282 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ladies Hairdressers in Candolim

Last time I looked, Russia was still in Europe..

Oxfordshire
Level Contributor
504 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ladies Hairdressers in Candolim

Tony we are both right.

Russia is both in Europe and Asia.

Western or Central Russia is in Europe,40% of Russia is in Europe,Russia's biggest cities Moscow and St Petersburg are both in Europe.Most of it lies in Asia but more people live in the European part.

Edited: 07 August 2011, 19:21
manchester
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ladies Hairdressers in Candolim

I had my hair cut and coloured at Tara's salon in Candolim which is on a side alley almost opposite Newton's , it was very cheap and I was really happy with the results.

bulgaria
Level Contributor
148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ladies Hairdressers in Candolim

Tara is John's wife as in "JOHN'S BOAT TRIPS".

She has been a hairdresser for years at least 17 years to my knowing.

Felixstowe, United...
Level Contributor
3,684 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ladies Hairdressers in Candolim

Yes imhoaisi, it was the Russian chap who did my hair, it was a good job his hair dressing skills where better than his cloths sense.!!!!LOL