We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

i phone 4 help

Which Candolim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
BRIERLEY
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
i phone 4 help

going to goa candolim xmas for 28 days can anybody tel me can i get a slim card for my i phone 4 ? beat regards

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
339 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: i phone 4 help

Sim, not slim. yes you will be able to get a sim card for your iphone 4! you can choose from either Airtel, Vodafone,Idea,Aircel or other ones whilst these will be the main ones and cheapest ones for calling and etc., bear in mind that if you will be traveling though a different state in India your Sim card will be on ROAMING (very expensive in India)so it would be a better idea to get a separate one for each state!

Bristol UK
Level Contributor
970 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: i phone 4 help

Hi

Airtel have announced the introduction of micro-SIM cards in India, but whether you can easily get one for your iPhone 4 in Goa I don't know.

No doubt the enterprising Indians will be able to cut a normal one down to size - whether it would still work is another matter ;-)

Edited: 28 August 2011, 10:33
Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: i phone 4 help

Vodafone also provides micro-sims.

And, yes, it seems that the normal sims when cut and used do work too! :)

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,607 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: i phone 4 help

Your phone needs to be unlocked as well.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
609 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: i phone 4 help

my fone i on t mobile.... so do i need to get it unlocked if taking it ti goa, as its quite expensive to unlock a smartphone....or would i be better just using one of my old cheap phones that is already unlocked?....in past years i've just used pay phones which are cheap enough anyway

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: i phone 4 help

Hotrock I think it depends on how much you use your phone out there as to whether it's worth it or not. By the time you pay to unlock your phone and buy a sim and airtime remember you need to provide photos too when you buy a sim. I am practically tied to my phone at home so on holiday it goes in the safe and only taken put to check for calls and texts. We probably send a max of 10 texts over the the three weeks so for us it's not worth the hassle of getting an Indian sim and as you say the public phones are very cheap if we need to make a call.

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,607 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: i phone 4 help

HOTROCK, just use one of your old phones, you can get a sim card for around 500 rupees which has about 300 rupees of calls on it.

Calangute, India
Destination Expert
for Goa, Candolim, Calangute
Level Contributor
2,143 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: i phone 4 help

hotrock ,just use an old unlocked phone,try airtel i have found over the years this gives the best coverage,so cheap to text phone etc,for internet i use Tata proton on my laptop,but there are many internet cafe's very cheap

9. Re: i phone 4 help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations