We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qatar Confusion

Which Candolim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Qatar Confusion

I booked our flight today... Qatar currently have a 3 day sale on, which has prompted a change of day for us. Though more flights were discounted overnight, the saturday cheap deal means a 31 hr trip, including layover in Doha.... but the midweek ones are the 13 hr and £544 instead of £762 ish

Anyway, we're booked 25th Jan - 15th Feb. At booking, it gave me the opportunity to book seats, but ALL the aisle seats were unavailable, so only the centre pairs of the middle banks of 4 and the window seats were free. Now I know some couples like to sit across the aisle, but I can't believe that everyone who has booked doesn't want to share the pairs of seats on the outside.

Added to this, the seats I did select haven't shown anywhere on the email or the online booking page. There's no place to review/revise this online.

Anyone with experience of Qatar able to give me the heads up on how this system works. Am I booked into the crappy seats I had to select? Do I get chance to book/change this when I check in online?

Manchester-Where...
Level Contributor
300 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Qatar Confusion

This happened to us! on the 2-4-2 Configuration, it was showing exactly as you described One only available on the "2's" and the 2 internals of the 4 - this was same ALL down the plane - we booked 2 months ago on the 08.55 from Manchester for a week after you.( 22nd Jan) I am lucky in that I work in Manchester so popped into their offices - they promptly removed my pre-booked seats that I had booked purely to book the flights and rebooked for all 4 flights -2 out and 2 return for our preferred seeats. I am not sure why it shows it like that but I had no problems at their offices and I am sure if you can't come across from Liverpool, they should be able to sort you out by phone!

I am hoping 2 seats in the 3rd frow from teh front are showing as unavailable!!!!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Qatar Confusion

I telephoned their offices last Saturday to reserve some seats (I got the phone number off their website). I had booked in January via Opodo and thought it was maybe time that I requested some aisle seats.

Very courteous and helpful telephone agent who has told me they're all booked for me, suggesting that I will probably qualify for the extra legroom seats at the airport on check-in (not, as I pointed out her, that Qatar stint on the legroom anyway!).

I think they have just been voted top ariline on Skytrax - great service, but I am personally not mad about their onboard catering but I get round that easily by taking my own picnic with me.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Qatar Confusion

They certainly offer a wide choice of meals.... wasn't sure what to go for. I ended up with Hindu non veggie.... start as I mean to go on!

Their advertised number is 0870, but I've found a website that lists 0161 numbers for them. I'll give them a bell in the next day or two. It's really important I have some freedom to move/get up etc, and I have a GP letter to confirm this, so hopefully I can secure one of the sets of pairs

Edited: 01 September 2011, 19:30
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Qatar Confusion

Hindu non-veggie? That sounds like a bit of an oxymoron. Hindu menu is usually strict vegetarian - you might want to dounle check or you'll not be impressed with the catering wither at 35,000 feet too!

Wirral U.K.
Level Contributor
1,370 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Qatar Confusion

Ring them.

This happened to us in June.

Fromtime to time their websie has problems booking seats but the agents on the phone live up to Qatars reputation.

Agree about the food thought it was just us.

Manchester-Where...
Level Contributor
300 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Qatar Confusion

About the food. We ended up with Kosher!!!!! You need to leave it blank and it defaults to a standard, full fat, meaty,full of salt, glutton and carb heavy meal.

manchester
Level Contributor
845 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Qatar Confusion

Kippaxian..thats good old mancunian food mate lol

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Qatar Confusion

Oh, I assumed you had to choose something... I said at the time it seemed odd there wasn't just a standard meal. I can change that online. I wish they'd make that clearer

I figured the Hindu non veggie would apply to folk like the goans

Edited: 01 September 2011, 22:43
Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,010 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Qatar Confusion

Hi Imp, Just phone Qatar and they'll sort you out, they even confirm by email if you ask them. While you're on you could give the your API save messing later. Check in online for flights if you can , Qatar release all seats when they open Airport check in so it is possible to loose your reserved seats, happened to us last year.

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
692 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Qatar Confusion

I can't remember if I selected seats at the time of booking, so I've just been on the Qatar website and I can't find anywhere where I can check!

Does anyone know if there is somewhere where I can check and then select/change seats or do I have to telephone their offices?

Only 106 sleeps left, not that I'm counting lol

Thank you :-))

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations