We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Price of Champange

Which Candolim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Preston, United...
Level Contributor
567 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Price of Champange

Does anyone know how much a bottle of champagne is in goa or would it be better to get one from duty free on the way out.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Price of Champange

Hi Picky either get it Duty Free or before you go and pack it well even if you found a decent one over there it will expensive. Supermarkets here often have quite good offers especially on the likes of Moet and Lanson also some of their own brands are not bad!!

Edited: 11 September 2011, 16:35
Felixstowe, United...
Level Contributor
3,668 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Price of Champange

I would buy in duty free , other wise the booze will use up your weight allowance in your case.Would weigh quite a lot I should think. You will need your space (if not your weight) for your special dress.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Price of Champange

Should have asked Picky if your flying schedule or charter? If schedule via Mumbai you will have have to pack it in your luggage before the Mumbai to Goa leg. If via Doha you will have to buy it at Doha.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Price of Champange

I would definitely get it duty-free on the way. Champagne is probably available in Goa, but it would obviously be imported and I would expect more expensive than here... and certainly more than Duty-Free.

I'd be a bit cautious of packing a bottle in the suitcase, as baggage handlers can be very heavy handed... I've found footprints on my luggage before now!! If you're travelling scheduled, your baggage will be loaded/unloaded 4 times before you get it back.... far too much opportunity for someone to hurl it hard enough to explode such a volatile substance!

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
567 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Price of Champange

Duty Free it is ten, thanks for the replies. And yes Vurdu dont want it spoling my special dress, at this rate it will be a soaked rag ha ha!!! Hubby would be wondering what on earth was happening.

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,475 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Price of Champange

Quite often there is an offer on two bottles of Lanson for £25 in duty free or you can take your chance on Indian bubbly for about £10 a bottle but it has normally been sitting on the shelf for years, so tends to be flat

We used to buy German sparkling from the Oxford stores in Anjuna for 500 Rps which was far better than the any of the local stuff we have had but could not get it last year, it is the sort of thing that you might find in Newtons

7. Re: Price of Champange

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations