We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guesthouse from 27th-30th December

Which Candolim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Guesthouse from 27th-30th December

Hi all,

Myself and my boyfriend (both mid-late 20's) are looking for a guesthouse in Candolim for 3 nights between xmas and NYE - any suggestions? Ideally pretty cheap (£30-£40 per night), but clean, and not too far from the beach!

It will be our first time in Goa, and we have tickets to the Sunburn Festival which is why we want to stay in Candolim. Then we may move to South Goa for a few days over New Year.

So far looked at Candolim Villa, JJ's, Rising Waves and Sunset Beach resort...any favourites out of these? Should we look to book somewhere asap?

Thanks,

Victoria

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,135 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guesthouse from 27th-30th December

Hi Victoria for that amount of money you could stay in a hotel....;-)

A guest house is a family run small business which you can get for between £10 and £20 per night.

We are staying in a guest house in Candolim for the first time and found ours on the 'net.

Its my first time in Candolim having previously stayed in Calangute so don't know of any guest houses other than the one we are staying in and we are in that guest house on the dates you specify so cant' recommend it for then (what a mouthful!!)....lol

Someone will be able to recommend somewhere for you but It is the busiest time of the year so get it booked up sharpish.

Have fun at Sunburn.........;-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guesthouse from 27th-30th December

Thanks for that! It seems that even the small guesthouses hike up their prices at this time of year...what site did you book yours through?

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,821 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guesthouse from 27th-30th December

That'll be because it's high season - and hoteliers in the UK do exactly the same.

London, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Guesthouse from 27th-30th December

Thanks London Goa Girl - I know that, thats why i am happy to pay up to £40 a night for somewhere which usually charges less than £20 a night.

If anyone has any suggestions/recommendations for guest houses around Candolim I would be very grateful!

Bridlington, United...
Level Contributor
271 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Guesthouse from 27th-30th December

If you can book the rising waves at that time of year then go for it but i have to say a lack of a pool lets it down slightly, even the pretty pettals guest house owned by the same people is very nice! I have just checked a few sites i use and they are all full during the dates you need or are charging more than you want to pay... will keep checking for you and let you know if i find anything.

Bridlington, United...
Level Contributor
271 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Guesthouse from 27th-30th December

Just to correct myself there is a guest house for the dates you want and at the risk of having this post removed its

http://www.hostelworld.com

You will have to go through the search as india and goa but there are a few places left in candolim (not many) so i only hope this helps before i get this removed by the phantom that has been reporting everyone!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Guesthouse from 27th-30th December

Thank you!

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Guesthouse from 27th-30th December

Hi, Even We ll be coming for Sunburn there is a guest house in good guest house in provorim that is just 10 km away from candolim , candolim rates will be too high at that point of time. Even my team will be coming for sunburn festival . we have finalised our accomodation somewhere in candolim itself.. i have angela's guest house number that might help you lemme know if you need it. and there is one guest house where i stayed last year during sunburn. great guest house but lost the owner's number.. its near casa sea shell hotel,candolim... :).. they own a shack too..

9. Re: Guesthouse from 27th-30th December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 December 2011, 20:05
10. Re: Guesthouse from 27th-30th December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 07 November 2013, 22:29
Get answers to your questions about Candolim