We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
832 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants

Any one returning got updates on places to eat (change of chef, new places to eat, got better got worse, dont miss) or even trip reports?

Viceroy's Arch
Architectural Buildings, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Sugar Shack
Other Food & Drink
Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants

Tibetan Kitchen (better, in fact awesome).

Viva la Fenice (better).

Plantain Leaf (worse, much worse).

Krishna's (better)

Wolf

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
389 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants

well the tibetian kitchen scouldent get any worse than last year it was disgusting

manchester uk
Level Contributor
2,282 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants

Tibetan Kitchen...love that place...and it's got better...WOW.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
832 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants

Nice one Mr Wolf we loved Tibetan Kitchen last year so looks like its back on the agenda ........ as if it ever left lol.

Thanks for the update

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
389 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants

well we went to the tibetian kitchen last year to ,and in 12 years of going to goa it was the dirtiest most unhygenic place we have ever visited we leftwith out paying or eating the meals

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants

delonbeach

I'm sure we're not talking about the same place.

I ate there more than 30 times last season - never had a bad meal!

What was your problem there?

Wolf

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
389 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants

in calangute ? we went because of good reports on here .

cockroaches crawling over us and the tables and rats running across the floor , i know its india and ive seen lots of rats but that was to much

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
3,646 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants

A couple of places in Panjim.

We found a bar near the Apple shop, you top up a card and put it on a sensor on your table and pour your own beer (Kingfisher draught) from a pump at the table. Not the cheapest place but quirky. For some odd reason they seem to like Country & Western on the juke box.

Next door to this place, upstairs, is a muslim restaurant so no alcohol is served but the food was fantastic. Marinated leg of lamb and roast chicken to die for.

Maybe there's some confusion over the Tibetan restaurants in Calangute? There are two, both on the same side of the road and quite close to each other. I know that one is Tibetan Kitchen but can't remember the name of the other.

In Candolim Tuscany Gardens is still good. Angaara on beach road for Tandoori, we generally have lots of starters as the main courses are OK but not great.

We haven't been to Roy's for a couple of seasons as his opening & closing dates didn't coincide with our stays but he has a new venue now, just off beach road, and he's definitely worth a visit. He was also planning to stay open all year.

It doesn't tend to get reviews for the food but we had a takeaway from the Highland Beach Resort which was very good - Butter Chicken and a spinach & chicken curry.

Edited: 27 November 2011, 19:28
UK
Level Contributor
692 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants

There is 2 delonbeach, I think you maybe referring to the wrong one

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants

delonbeach

There are approx 5 Tibetan restaurants in Calangute.

I know now that you can't be talking about the Tibetan Kitchen - I've rarely seen a cleaner place!

Wolf

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations