We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Post Office Visa Cards

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
219 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Post Office Visa Cards

I have a Post Office visa card which gives cash from atm's with no charges if the account is in credit. Never had any problems in Europe with this but this is our first trip to Goa. Has anyone experience of using this type of card in Goa. Are there cash machines in Candolim.

Gerry

London
Level Contributor
8,190 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Post Office Visa Cards

I presume you have it loaded with either sterling or euro's. If, I am correct they will charge a fee of 3 pct for using outside the currency loaded on the card. Also some bank ATM's in India will charge 200 rupees withdrawal fee. So a withdrawal equivalent to £100 may cost you upto £6 in charges.

Terms and conditions may have changed since I last enquired but I believe this to be the case.

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,621 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Post Office Visa Cards

Yes there are ATM's in Candolim.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
219 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Post Office Visa Cards

Thanks for that info.

Gerry

Wirral U.K.
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Post Office Visa Cards

Gerry,

Get rid of that card it is raping you all ends up mate.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
219 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Post Office Visa Cards

How do you mean

Calangute, India
Destination Expert
for Goa, Candolim, Calangute
Level Contributor
2,172 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Post Office Visa Cards

also many ATM,s in Calangute

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
848 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Post Office Visa Cards

Dont know about pre paid cards but we Always inform our bank we are going to be in India as I know some people who didnt tell them and when tried to use the card in a machine on the main candolim to clangute road it ate the card..lol

8. Re: Post Office Visa Cards

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 03:42
Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations