We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report.

Flight was Qatar from Manchester with no problems, but make sure you do an online check in from 36hrs before flight, they have dedicated bays for this service with no waiting. Baggage is not seen again untll Dabolim airport.

Stayed again at Santana Beach Resort Candolim, great place with friendly staff who do all they can to help make your stay a pleasure. Pre-pay taxi was 1030rps from airport too Candolim, this was the 4.30am price, its 860rps after 6.00am.

Restaurants visited were many, and to be honest never had a bad meal the whole 2 weeks.

Top Nosh, went twice, good food with good service and a lovely setting. Kings beer 40rps.

Foxy's, as always great steaks that many know about. Kings beer 40rps.

Kalinga, great curries and tandoor food. Kings beer 40rps.

Are you getting the idea i like Kings yet ?.

Fishermans Cove, food was good but the service left a lot to be desired ! it was manic. Kings beer 40rps.

Ruffles, went in their to meet some friends, never been in before but had great meal of Baked Kingfish in a cheese sauce, and was surprised to fined Bello beer on menu at 60rps for a large 500mls bottle, have'nt seen it for a while and i love it, if you see Bello give it a try.

Just Chinees, O.K. but over priced.

Tried one or two others, but the best surprise this visit was Flambee restaurant, went last time but not over impressed, but friends at Santana had been and said its worth giving it another try.

So of i went an the food was fantastic, and the staff n owner were great, its basic inside but the food n prices more than made up for this !.

This is one of the meals i had...........enjoy !

Starter..........Paneer Chicken with all the trimmings,its a meal on its own ........120rps

Main......Butter Chicken......150rps

Cheese n Garlic nan......60rps...Roti...10rps...Jeera rice....70rps.

Irish coffee......100rps..that was lush...... and yes a few Kings at 40rps.

Candolim itself is still a great place to be......and has extended its pavement by another 30yds. But dug 10yds back up 2 days before i came home, because they had blocked a side road off !!!!!!!!!!!

Yes its still the Goa i love.

Hope this helps . And will add somemore when im over jet lag.........any questions i will try to help.

Phil.

Bo,ness Scotland
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report.

Nice report phil, do they sell kings in Candolim and how much are they? LOL

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report.

Good report, Phil.

You like Kings, then?

Wolf

Devon
Level Contributor
154 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report.

Great report thank you SteelCityPhil. Mr Booberoober will be on the look out for Bello Beer!

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report.

Lol paul n mrwolf..........you noticed then

fleetwood
Level Contributor
449 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report.

Hi Phil, what was the food like with Qatar? when we went in feb we only got a chicken wrap on the man-doha and it was horrible!! just wondering if I should bring a snack?

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report.

Its the same shaunie, im sorry to say!

The airline is 5* but the food aint............

Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
513 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report.

very interesting report Phil, i think we'll be trying the flambee resaurant - its sounds good!!!

Morgs.

Bo,ness Scotland
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report.

A wrap, is that all? not even a kings to wash it down.

Im gonna look out for Bello so i can have a Bello Belly

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report.

But had a few bottles red wine n G&Ts to console myself !!!!!

Darlington, United...
Level Contributor
2,289 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Report.

Great report and good to see a few prices quoted. I take it the restaurants quoted are in Candolim? Would love to hear a bit more about the Santana or are you doing a hotel review on TA for it?