We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommend me your shack

Bexleyheath, Kent
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Recommend me your shack

Morning all

We are off to Candolim 5th Jan staying at Silver Sands Holiday Village. Couple late 40's early 50's.

So please recommend me your favourite shack this season and why is it so special to you?

Many thanks in advance

Ally x

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
229 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommend me your shack

If you want just one shack, rather than 2 or 3, I would recommend the Boat Shack..(Used to be Baywatch)

Great facilities. good food, great ambience & lots of regular guests... we like it but we tend to move around, so it is often full if we want it for an odd day.

From SSHV its right at the end of the breach road & about 7 shacks along. From the SSHV entrance... turn right & follow the road to where the houses/B&B's finish (at the pond). Turn left & follow the path towards the old villa, over the hill & its on the right.

We are at SS from 3rd Jan so will probably meet.

Regards

Nei & Amanda

Bexleyheath, Kent
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommend me your shack

Thanks for the rec, it's our first time to Goa, so will probably try a few shacks but I guess most people settle on a favorite place.

Will be good to see you at SS. Would you be able to recommend any currency exchange places near there? We will probably change about £10 at the airport for anything immediate and the rest at the resort.

Sunderland
Level Contributor
129 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommend me your shack

200 hundred yards from your hotel first shack to your left as you walk on to the beach and you will find Claudinas. Excellent drinks and food, family run, they cant do enough for you. Been going the last 3 years and will be back on 15th Jan. I can smell that chicken tikka already.....

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
878 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommend me your shack

We tend to use Antonios shack as our base. Left at the bottom of beach road, past where all the bikes are parked and sunnyside up and its the first shack infront of you (follow the paving slabs in the sand!). All the staff and John the owner can't do enough for us. The fresh pineapple juice is to die for (and not watered down). Good lining on the stomach before starting on the kingfisher!!!! We tend to flit around some days and like most shacks, you can leave your belongings and they will look after them. All food cooked fresh and as John goes fishing every morning (boat is infront of the shack), the fish is brilliant. We stay at Silver Sands, so dead handy for us. My OH is always up before me and I usually find him there having a staff breakfast with the boys!

Edited: 11 December 2011, 10:14
Birkenhead, United...
Level Contributor
234 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommend me your shack

Agree with antbuc claudinas is a great shack and the chicken tikka is excellent really helpful and friendly people.

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,081 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommend me your shack

We use Sea and Sand Shack about half way between bottom of Beach Road and the River Princess , next to String Fellows. Very good food and very good company. We even stay with the family that run it now. They have a lot of regulars who even though not staying nearby always make their way down to the shack. Good to meet up with people from previous years with whom we have formed some good friendships. The staff will do anything for you , one even climbs the coconut palms if you fancy a cocktail in a coconut.The shacks down this end are nearer the sea than the ones at the bottom of Beach Road too.

Bridlington, United...
Level Contributor
271 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommend me your shack

Everyone has there Fav shack and as you are going for the first time..... Try them all and then when you go back next time you will be able to answer this question for others, AND it gives you an excuse to eat and drink your way up and down the beach...lol.

Pontefract, United...
Destination Expert
for Kos
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommend me your shack

hi we tried a few but ended up at one called wagamamas just before bonos shack, has you get to the beach from s/sands turn right its about the fifth shack run by louis very friendly and his lads are great heuw grant and smilling aneal food is very good its a quiete shack he even saves the beds for next day if you wish, his toilets are the best we found very clean and spacious you have to see them for yourselfs i have a problem with stomach and never once got gandys guts haha their is even a quick way from s/sands to wagamama from behind the shack a small road leads back to s/sands just go and try a few their will be one that you will love enjoy

Bexleyheath, Kent
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommend me your shack

Just come back from dreaded xmas shopping to loads of replies, thanks guys x

Can't wait till try them all

Ally

Jersey UK
Level Contributor
2,600 posts