We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mango grove's english breakfast response

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
mango grove's english breakfast response

I just want to respond to some peoples comments about the english breakfast i was disgusted with. Some people said i should go Blackpool, but if you look at my travel map you can see i have travelled extensively around the world. I was in north Goa for 4 weeks and ate local cuisine every day but come on guys your telling me once in a while you dont want food from home??

And my argument was the Mango grove got my comment taken down even though 4 people found it helpful just because i critisised there false advertising. With a little bit of luck now they wont be serving brits white chicken sausages and more authentic sauces etc. Nicks Cafe in arpora is the best place in north goa for a breakfast...please get a taxi there about £2-£3 you will not be dissapointed

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,621 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mango grove's english breakfast response

Cessbuller, you really didn't have to explain yourself regarding having an 'English Breakfast' it's your choice to eat what you like on your holiday as is it's other peoples choice to eat whatever they like when and wherever.

Edited: 05 February 2012, 16:11
North Ayrshire...
Level Contributor
63 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mango grove's english breakfast response

Don't beat yourself up over your comment, everyone likes their home comforts on holiday !!

Midlands
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mango grove's english breakfast response

at the end of the day if you dont like something this is a forum to air your views? last season i was shot down by some as i dont eat curry! i have a gall bladder problem and suffer from IBS for 15 years- i dont do hot or spicy food end of!

i love rice and noodles etc so needed help and advise. this is now my 4th visit to goa and i always like to know what people ave thought as to where to eat and go etc. some , including me, sometimes put an answer just for the crack/laugh, not ment to offend anyone

an opinion is just that-

manchester
Level Contributor
1,868 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mango grove's english breakfast response

Cessbuller, I think all Goa lovers get 'curried out' now and again and it's nice to have a good old steak, full english , or dare I say it steak pie and chips, which by the way is georgeous in Nick's Place.

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mango grove's english breakfast response

cessbuller

Are you a child........or do you eat what you'd like to eat?

All I can say is that you're not alone - places with "continental" food would not exist unless people used them!

Relax.........and eat what you like!

Wolf

Wakefield
Level Contributor
220 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: mango grove's english breakfast response

i must say i had my full english breakfast in the mango and its as good if not better than most i have had in goa but not the same as in Leeds lol

Dagenham, ESSEX
Level Contributor
1,165 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: mango grove's english breakfast response

To the people who say you should eat the food of the country you're in . Have a thought for Viet Nam. They eat dogs there.( Maybe Goa could find an export market) . Also, in parts of North East India they eat some dodgy stuff including a food made from fire ants.

BC

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: mango grove's english breakfast response

i think the best full english is down candolim beach rd at... alexandras. includes toast and pot of tea or coffee...250rps if i remember rightly, lol

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: mango grove's english breakfast response

If you like English breakfast and plenty of us do after a heavy night on the curry try Kennys in calungute ,tried plenty of places in the north over the years and he really tries to offer an authentic english breakfast give it a try.

Edited: 05 February 2012, 21:08
rochester kent uk
Level Contributor
74 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: mango grove's english breakfast response

hey best place i found was st anthonys cafe near st anthonys church towards calangute near church in middle of road

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations