We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bluesmania @ Jambalaya

Burnley
Level Contributor
785 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Bluesmania @ Jambalaya

Hi all,

does this go on into March?

It sounds like a good night but I remember last year that Jambalaya was dead the whole 2 weeks we were there (March).

Thanks

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,626 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bluesmania @ Jambalaya

Twiggy, Blusemania is in Goa til Late April or so it says on his blog which I've just bumped up for you. Any questions with regards to Bluesmania might be better asked on there if you want a quick answer.

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bluesmania @ Jambalaya

twiggy, im suprised you say it was dead in March last year, it was packed when we went. Did you go on a Sunday?

Susie.x

wolverhampton
Level Contributor
983 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bluesmania @ Jambalaya

We went in march and they had to turn people away as it was that busy,a good night was had by all.

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,585 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bluesmania @ Jambalaya

Jambalaya has been packed on Sunday and Tuesday evenings so far this season and has been on almost every Sunday evening since Tom started singing there a couple of years ago, so are you sure you are talking about the right place, Twiggy

There is always a largish group of long stayers and their friends that turn up on a Sunday plus lots of TAers that are on holiday, it is a great night if you wanted to have a dance or just sit back and enjoy the atmosphere also the food has been very good this season and is not expensive but the service was a bit iffy for a couple of weeks ago until the new manager sorted things out

A lot of us also a meet up at the Cravery just around the corner in Beach Road Candolim on a Wednesday and there is a good Quiz there on Friday evening run by the Dragon

5. Re: Bluesmania @ Jambalaya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 March 2012, 15:05
Burnley
Level Contributor
785 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bluesmania @ Jambalaya

Hi,

thanks for the info. We were there at the end of March last year and we walked past every night as we were staying at Regal Park. Always seemed quiet. We went in about 3 or 4 times and some of those times there was only us 2 in!

I'm sure I've got the right place - bottom of Highland Beach Rd, opposite Fishermans Cove/Bending Bamboo?

Must have missed the Sundays somehow.

Will defo give it another try this year. The quiz at the Carvery sounds good, it seems to get decent reviews for the food as well.

Only 3 weeks to go - really excited now!

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
332 posts
943 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bluesmania @ Jambalaya

Oh dear - who mentioned a quiz? I think I know where we will have to go!

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,585 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bluesmania @ Jambalaya

A gang of us went on the crabbing trip today and due to the tide we had an early start, which meant that Blues had us all on the pop soon after 11 this morning, we then had to wash down a late lunch, before a quick visit to Chocolati for refreshments and then down to Candolim beach for cocktails as the sunset

I don't normally drink in the daytime, so think I was lucky to be able to find my laptop and turn it on be myself, only hope misspelling the Carvery is the only thing I have done wrong..lol

Belfast
Level Contributor
440 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Bluesmania @ Jambalaya

That sound like you all have one super day ...did you get a dose of crabs at all Rich ...lol lol Colleen

Villaricos, Spain
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bluesmania @ Jambalaya

Twiggy - Jambalaya is VERY busy on Sunday & Tuesday evenings but, sadly, quieter on the other evenings. Hope to see you there.

Colleen - Hiya, hope to see you soon. We miss you guys. Actually, we did get quite a few crabs, but one person caught the most - FIVE - however, I did let the rest of our party (10 of us) share them - Lol!! Say Hi to the Big Fella!

Blues xxxx