We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suncream and Toiletries

Immingham, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Suncream and Toiletries

Is it worth buying suncream and toiletries once we get to candolim ? Price wise is it a lot cheaper ? Where is the best place to buy selection wise ?

46 days to go eeeekkkk !!!!!

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suncream and Toiletries

Bring suncream - buy toiletries here............try Newton's.

Wolf

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,862 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suncream and Toiletries

I would buy sun cream here because it will do what it says on the bottle. Everything else you can buy there, although shower gel is more expensive there than here for some reason.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suncream and Toiletries

Just a little warning last season some people brought sun lotion from some supermarkets and shops and found it was fake and out of date ...

Surrey
Level Contributor
223 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suncream and Toiletries

I always take my own suncream as well, cheaper here.

Inverness
Level Contributor
446 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suncream and Toiletries

Yes sunscreen needs to be reliable..but toiletries are daft to carry (unless you have allergies or special needs) . Local ones are better suited to water etc. The Mysore sandal wood soaps are to die for , we have a queue of people wanting us to bring them back. This year we goofed and could not get enough at the last minute so got rose and jasmine for a female friend who is over the moon with them. There used to be a local shampoo called NYLE that was brilliant both there and here, made even my sparse dry locks look silky and also cured daughter's grease ( but did nothing for OH's dandruff) unfortunately it is not now sold in tourist areas ( keep meaning to ask the long stays if they know where to get it).In fact now you can as many "international"brands ( or at least labels for)as you can here. I wonder whether Garnier and Head and Shoulders taken over the world? As for mosquito repellent do not even think about taking it from here, for the first time this year i went local and for the first time I had less than five nibbles and those served me right for not getting covered early enough in the evening.

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
303 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suncream and Toiletries

ran out of p10 this year so had to buy some suncream in candolim,factor 15 and i burnt to a cinder,make sure you stock up here pal

Immingham, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Suncream and Toiletries

Thanks for replies - got my suncscreen on order - will take minimum toiletries and stock up there !!

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
409 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Suncream and Toiletries

I can never seem to find decent conditioner they do sell elvive but I think it's more expensive in goa best to buy here when on offer for bigger bottles

Shampoo, toothpaste no problem cheaper in goa

manchester
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Suncream and Toiletries

Cacaj, where do you get the soaps from, I love buying soaps and bringing them home from overseas, like the sound of those.

For toothpaste I recommend the Dabar one (sp) they sell it in all chemists and supermarkets, it is in a red box and is very cheap, I always bring half a dozen tubes home.

Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Suncream and Toiletries

We buy all suncreams, toiletries at the Airport here it doesn't go on your weight allowance then, just carry on as hand luggage. x