We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place for lobster...

Which Candolim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Immingham, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Best place for lobster...

Can anyone recommend a good place for us to order lobster in /near candolim - its on our list of things to do in Goa!! x

Hornchurch
Level Contributor
312 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place for lobster...

I'm not sure about Candolim but Jaimies in Baga which is a damn fine restaurant do a surf & turf ( fillet steak & lobster ) for 900 INR.

Unfortunately for me the one time i went there this year we went too late & they had run out of lobster.

Hemel Hempstead
Level Contributor
187 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place for lobster...

Best place this year was Rising Waves, its right beside the football ground, need to order the day before, can reccomend the lobster thermador. Enjoy.

Darlington, United...
Level Contributor
2,288 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place for lobster...

I'm sure I remember reading on here that you can't actually get lobster in goa....it's crayfish

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place for lobster...

My own opinion is that Lobster is over-rated and lots better type of seafood in Goa - I have also heard that in Ggoa the majority of so called Lobster is actually Crayfish. Zeebop down south is the best place for most seafood however ----

The best place for Lobster - in the sea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,030 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place for lobster...

I asked the head waiter in Zeebops and he confirmed its Crayfish that is sold in Goa, i have to agree one of the best meals we had was eaten there, in fact several meals were eaten there,lol there prawns are wonderful,will be going back in December. :)) Gel

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
303 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place for lobster...

cray fish sold as lobster in most places,for taste and value i much prefer the prawns.Had mine at Foxy's.Had to let him know a day in advance,highly remended

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place for lobster...

I agree with the above, better to spend your money on a large plate of King or Tiger Prawns than a small Cray Fish.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
847 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best place for lobster...

Where ever you decide to try it...have it cooked in the Tandoor...its fantastic... and lobster or crayfish...who cares its got a great taste and value for money. As has most things over there

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best place for lobster...

Is a lobster not about ten times the size of a crayfish? How could these be sold as each other? I'm confused.... My husband really wants lobster when we are in goa...

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best place for lobster...

Its Crayfish they sell in Goa, never actually seen a lobster in any fish market.

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations