We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Am i missing out??

Which Candolim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
wolverhampton
Level Contributor
981 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Am i missing out??

We are off to candolim in less than 2 weeks (not our first time) and we are very central to shops bars and resturants etc,but we never tend to venture down the side roads,what little nooks and crannies are we missing out on.We tend to stay on main drag and beach road then get taxis eleswhere.If anyone has any little treasures to share please do.

Coventry, UK
Level Contributor
2,928 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Am i missing out??

If you are at the far end of Candolim high street , head left by Friends, go 100 yards or so, and try the Top Nosh restuarant. Or go right to the beach and try the Bistro for European dishes.

Westhoughton...
Level Contributor
312 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Am i missing out??

Sharon come with us to Shivers one night Horizon bar Freinds wine shop i could go on but we are opposit end to town to you so you have little gems we also have little gems see you soon hon xxxx

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,459 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Am i missing out??

If you only stick to the main roads you are missing out onsome great bars and eating places, have a look in at Blue Aubergine down a little lane near the Prazeres hotel on a Sunday afternoon good music and food

Was at Colours restaurant in Saligao last night 5 tuboug, 2 singe vodka & 1 tonic, 1soda and a bottle of water, 3 soups, a chicken biryani, dall fry, aloo gobi, chicken masala, plain and cheese garlic naans, plus a parata, along with 2 cream carmel, 2 pots of coffee for three and 5 small Honey Bee total cost 1100 Rps

If you are adventurous it really "pays" to try some of the tucked away places, great food as well

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Am i missing out??

There are hundreds of great little places hidden away from the main drag, we try to hide them from the tourists, after reading this reply can you please pull this thread, as many of us here longtrem would love to continue to keep these places secret. LOLs

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Am i missing out??

That WAS cheap welloutofit!

uk england
Level Contributor
379 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Am i missing out??

how selfish can you be if it wasent for tourists you wood not be there tourists keep goa going come to the real world thats you goahappy days

7. Re: Am i missing out??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 December 2012, 09:08
Kent, UK
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Am i missing out??

There's a road that runs parallel with Beach Rd, turn right at the bottom next to Silver Sands, and follow it around. You will find the Moonlight restaurant and Guest house. That is really nice, and yet not too far to walk to, off the main streets. No need for taxi's.

One of my favourites in Candolim is Kalinga's. It is on the main road, but toward the quieter Fort end, on the right.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Am i missing out??

The mermaid near the bistro is lovely, also vickies in calangute market, George and loretta fab couple, mussels to die for :):)

UK
Level Contributor
692 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Am i missing out??

normdaddy, i think goahappydays was only joking

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations