We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first timers ...some questions...:)

Which Candolim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
manchester...
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
first timers ...some questions...:)

hi there...well here we go planning this Goa trip....

we are mid 50's....like u all seem to say.....been there done the rest...all incl .....cruises etc etc......well now for the best bit :) Goa !!!!

we have never been before and im and avid ( to say the least...T/A addict )

so ive dont a list of places to stay...maybe u can all help me with the choice and give me other recomendations...

so here goes....

flights with Monarch by the way......for March 2013!!!

fortune select b/b

lemon tree amamrante b/b

santana b/b

phoenix b/b

we love eating out and the hustle & bustle seems crazy but looking forward to the planning etc etc...

also there the aal/incl at dona sylvia but im swaying against that one as we would prefer the b/b aspect .....

cheers me dears...chat soon xxxxx

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
331 posts
692 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first timers ...some questions...:)

I would avoid all inclusive as you will miss out on all the fantastic places to discover to eat at!

We have not stayed at any of your choices but would have liked the Santana if it had not been fuly booked. I have heard that they sometimes overbook though and people get shifted elsewhere - it might just be a rumour though - perhaps someone can confirm?

I have also heard excellent reports of Whispering Palms and our Taxi driver said The Fortune Select has many happy customers too.

We stayed at The Girasol (just got back yesterday and still to write my review) which is a new hotel. We would happily recommend it to anyone as it was everything we could have hoped for and more. We plan to try and book the same hotel as soon as possible for next year

Finland
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: first timers ...some questions...:)

Lemon tree is a good place 4 stars with a great breakfast and right in the middle of candolim. We have stayed there at so can recommend it.

Derby
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first timers ...some questions...:)

The Dona Sylvia is a fantastic all inclusive hotel and the high number of repeat guests every year speaks for itself.Before you cancel out the AI option would suggest you do a price comparison as sometimes it breaks even or works out cheaper than BB.Sallyxx

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: first timers ...some questions...:)

choc,, you booked a extra leg room seats,,for the flight with mon,,well worth it if you can get,,them,,,

Edited: 26 February 2012, 11:40
akt
India
Level Contributor
384 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first timers ...some questions...:)

i have booked whispering palms... a month to go yet!!!

can't wait :)

wolverhampton
Level Contributor
981 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: first timers ...some questions...:)

Hi we have stayed at Phoenix park inn several times,its central to everywhere in candolim and its a nice little hotel.

rastrick
Level Contributor
1,290 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: first timers ...some questions...:)

Choc! Dont book A/I you will miss out on all the fantastic places to eat and drink me and the wife and friends are the same age group as you ,done the same as you described.5years ago we tried GOA(we wre initially shocked) but got the bug ,now been 4 times. we can recommend the Osbourne Resort,,its basic but clean,and in a good location.also can recommend the Palmarhina hotel it is abit out but very nice.We have been to both of these twice.Try thomas cook or first choice if you are doing a package holiday,as there planes are more roomy,and with your own choice of entertainment in the headrests ,plus there flights are direct.DONT forget to sort your visas first

rastrick
Level Contributor
1,290 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: first timers ...some questions...:)

Forgot to mention,its best to book a flight out of the UK at about 16.00hrs then you will arrive about 07.00am

London uk
Level Contributor
218 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: first timers ...some questions...:)

At fortune select right now ......... Not feeling the love!!!!! Stayed at holiday inn 2 years ago n allila diwa last year - north goa is sooooooo different to south goa - so depends what you want - fortune is Europe 3 star .... Loads a bars restaurants n shacks .......but not many russaians(plus point)........ I have yet to fall in love with the north ...... But it's early days and my night out in jambalaya was lovely ..... Thanks blues xx

manchester...
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: first timers ...some questions...:)

we are looking at march 2013!!! and are able to book with monarch from manchester....ot thomson from gatwick.....

will look at all ur recomendations and am buzzin with it all :) ta very much chucks !!!!! xx

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations