We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 years since our last visit to Goa ......SOOOOOO excited!!!

Which Candolim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
5 years since our last visit to Goa ......SOOOOOO excited!!!

Thanks to reading through so many messages on the forum I managed to complete the visa applications correctly and both passports (mine and OH) arrived this morning with their nifty little visas in!!

So the count down begins!

Hubby and I went to Goa with my folks back in 2006 and then on our own in 2007 whilst we were dating and we decided this Easter break we would head back.

Just been going through lots of posts getting myself all geared up for where is good to dine nowadays (Jazz house in Candolim was one of my favourites but it burnt down I hear), which shacks are good, beach huts etc

We are staying at Silver Sands holiday village (back in 06-07 we stayed at the infamous Prazeres Resort...eek!).

I have tried to get in touch with the lovely Nicky who was our regular taxi driver when we were over there. I have no idea if he has moved on, moved jobs or what.

If anyone knows of a Nicky/Nicki/Niki who tends to work outside of Prazeres could you pass on his contact details to me. I know he got married in about 2008.

I am hoping we can arrange for him to pick us up from the airport : )

Right, back to making lists of holiday plans...!!!!! Yayyy!

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 years since our last visit to Goa ......SOOOOOO excited!!!

eek, no idea why it posted twice, sorry ;)

Wirral U.K.
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 years since our last visit to Goa ......SOOOOOO excited!!!

Have a great time. You will see alot of changes since your last trip.

Bristol UK
Level Contributor
979 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 years since our last visit to Goa ......SOOOOOO excited!!!

When I stayed at the Prazeres in 2004-5 the taxi drivers outside were lovely and friendly. When I returned in 2008 and 2010 they were all very iffy.

I think they had formed some sort of mini-mafia so none of them could risk being friendly with their clientele.

Their loss, I went elsewhere ;-(

Wirral U.K.
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 years since our last visit to Goa ......SOOOOOO excited!!!

As I said a lot of changes and most of them not for the best.

Make your own mind up once you have been.

Goa still has a certain charm but things are very different.

5. Re: 5 years since our last visit to Goa ......SOOOOOO excited!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2013, 09:21
Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations